What would I get???

teresa-78

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
England
Hiya again.. I thought I had a silver laced polish roo to go with my hens but I have hens I am sure... posted a topic in gender of these just to confirm what I am thinking..

I have a splash cockeral (well maybe splash)

Here is a pic of him for confirmation of that!!!

Clean on right side
61403_chicks_019.jpg

Splash on left and back
61403_chicks_042.jpg

As he is getting older more black patches are appearing..

Anyway what I really want to know if I was to hatch eggs from him with

Chamois
Crele??
Black
Silver laced

What colour chicks would I get??

Illia has been great before, maybe you may also know this
big_smile.png

Thankyou anyone who can help... in advance
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Chamois - You'll get mostly white birds. Maybe a little bit of blue or brown leaking here and there, but mostly white.
Crele?? - Since I saw your "creles" aren't a true Crele, the most I can say is, they'll be barred. And blue. There may be some gold leakage here and there on the neck.
Black - 100% blue offspring
Silver laced - Possibly sex-linked but unlikely, they'll all be blue with hints of leakage in the form of spangling (like on a Hamburg) or an almost partridgey look, but most will be blue with hints of either silver or brown.

Quote:
Oh yes I was hoping to get blue as I just love the blue colour :0) Manyt Thanks, I should post a pic of the hen crele?? maybe you could tell me what she actually is??

ETA:-

61403_chicks_15_april_008.jpg

61403_chicks_15_april_012.jpg

61403_chicks_15_april_017.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe someone else can weigh in on her. . . She's hard to describe, honestly, and almost looks as if she's blue-based herself, seeing the back half of her body. She's very pretty - I'd say crossing her to splash will give the same results I mentioned though.
smile.png
The offspring will indeed have either silver or orangey brown on their necks. The males will look like your current male "Crele."

Quote:
Thankyou
big_smile.png
Yeah she has a tinge of blue, you can especially see it in her tail.. she is such a lovely hen though
big_smile.png

Then half the offspring will be blue based like her, half will be splash.

ETA - Here's a blue cuckoo Araucana for comparable note. Splash cuckoo will be much lighter, almost white w/faint blue barring. This will give you an idea on females.

5619531201_8fa598d74b_o.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom