Whatcha Making for Supper?

Diners good morning one and all!

The temperature is 70 and mostly sunny.

We are having rib eye steak with roasted potatoes and brussell sprouts.

Have a happy Easter and a great day!
We had similar . Rib eye ( $7.00 / Lb. ) - - yes, you can ask me where the wife found that for that price - - , grilled on a nearly ancient PK grill i paid 12 bucks for at auction in 1974 . Our veggies were green beans , microwaved frozen corn and a potato diced and air fried , seasoned with a smidgen of canola oil , garlic powder , onion powder salt and pepper .

Thanks for wishing us for the happy Easter because i believe you made it come true .:thumbsup

We had similar . Rib eye ( $7.00 / Lb. ) - - yes, you can ask me where the wife found that for that price - - , grilled on a nearly ancient PK grill i paid 12 bucks for at auction in 1974 . Our veggies were green beans , microwaved frozen corn and a potato diced and air fried , seasoned with a smidgen of canola oil , garlic powder , onion powder salt and pepper .

Thanks for wishing us for the happy Easter because i believe you made it come true .:thumbsup

If she is like me she watches the meat sales at the grocery store.

For Easter my store had rib eye roasts on sale for $7.99 per pound.

At Thanksgiving the rib eye roast will probably be $7.99 per pound.

At Christmas the rib eye roast will probably be $6.99 per pound.

That's how I get my good prices on rib eye steaks.

Enjoy!!!

Chicken and rice.

In my instant pot: Add 2 cups water and 1 package of McCormick chicken gravy mix (unprepared), whisk that until less lumpy. Add 1 cup of well rinsed, uncooked white rice and 1 cup leftover cooked chicken meat (shredded or diced). Sometimes I add a can (liquid and all) of mixed veggies. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 12 minutes in instant pot on white rice setting. Let sit for a couple minutes when done and serve. Makes enough for several meals, so I add oriental bbq sauce to it on day 2 and then add oriental preserved peppers to it on day 3 to mix it up. Living alone, I haven't anyone to share with, so mixing it up is important to me. (Who wants to eat the same thing 3 days in a row??, not me.)

If she is like me she watches the meat sales at the grocery store.

For Easter my store had rib eye roasts on sale for $7.99 per pound.

At Thanksgiving the rib eye roast will probably be $7.99 per pound.

At Christmas the rib eye roast will probably be $6.99 per pound.

That's how I get my good prices on rib eye steaks.

Enjoy!!!
Exactly , with a couple of spare ribs remaining for a snack .

Chicken and rice.

In my instant pot: Add 2 cups water and 1 package of McCormick chicken gravy mix (unprepared), whisk that until less lumpy. Add 1 cup of well rinsed, uncooked white rice and 1 cup leftover cooked chicken meat (shredded or diced). Sometimes I add a can (liquid and all) of mixed veggies. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 12 minutes in instant pot on white rice setting. Let sit for a couple minutes when done and serve. Makes enough for several meals, so I add oriental bbq sauce to it on day 2 and then add oriental preserved peppers to it on day 3 to mix it up. Living alone, I haven't anyone to share with, so mixing it up is important to me. (Who wants to eat the same thing 3 days in a row??, not me.)

Could this recipe be cooked in the microwave?

Back
Top Bottom