What's going on?

chickenranchwife

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
North West South Dakota
Man the last few days has not been well on my chicks. We cleaned out the coop last Friday then it turned cold. The chicks that are 8 weeks have been running around with the chickens and no problems. That is until the last few days. I go in and there's at least 2-3 dead. I'm thinking it's either my drake who I put in lock down lastnight or my roosters. Let me know what you guys think. I've lost at least 10 chicks already, and it sucks.

I haven't seen my drake do any of this, but if he's the one he's finding a new home.

They are 8 weeks old, what are the ages of the ones they are mixed with and how many Roos?
What is their bedding?
Can anything get into the coop?

Here's an update, I pulled the roosters this morning. I came home and had 6 dead ones. They are with adult hens. They've been with them for the last few weeks. I am even loosing ones that are 12 weeks old too. This really sucks.

We cleaned the coop out last week, so they have a dirt floor. I think I am going to get up early before work and move them to a different building. I was talking with a friend and he thinks it may be a weasel. I need a coop cam to figure out what's getting them.

I am so frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom