What's the temperature where you are???

The only thing I like about low humidity is bugs die below 30%. We got our house down to that for three days straight and it killed off a flea infestation a couple of decades ago. It's a trick I'll never forget! It's odd because our home is usually running around 35-40% but if it goes to 50%, suddenly we're seeing little spiders.

The low humidity doesn't seem to affect bugs here. We're covered in crane flies right now, black widows are everywhere and of course cockroaches thrive here (several varieties). There are also carpet beetles, scorpions, bees, wasps, stink bugs, walking sticks, moths... the low humidity doesn't even slow them down.

6:15 AM
59F
27% humidity
clear

Sunrise.

1711804584681.png

Last edited:
The low humidity doesn't seem to affect bugs here. We're covered in crane flies right now, black widows are everywhere and of course cockroaches thrive here (several varieties). There are also carpet beetles, scorpions, bees, wasps, stink bugs, walking sticks, moths... the low humidity doesn't even slow them down.

6:15 AM
59F
27% humidity
clear

Sunrise.

View attachment 3786231
I meant inside the home. Outside when it's dry, it doesn't seem to phase them much as I suppose they have sources for moisture/water they can't get inside our home. If that worked, we wouldn't have flies or mosquitoes and OMG we sure get those!

I also bet those buggers adapt to their climate too!

Back
Top Bottom