? What's wrong with her??

chickmomma18

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Downingtown Pa

Sorry. I found her in the corner of the coop not wanting to be not wanting to be bothered this am. Brought her in. Seemed like maybe she had a leg injury but after a warm foot bath-she's standing. No cuts that I can see but she's just standing there. Also, she won't eat or drink. She's been in the house for 1 and half hours and hasn't pooped once

Anyway...she died

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish we were able to help sooner. :(

Is this the first time you noticed she was acting strange? Did you investigate her abdomen for possible eggbinding?

Are any of your other chickens exhibiting any symptoms (lethargy, respiratory distress, bloody poops, puffed and hunched)??

Any info you can give will help.

MrsB

Thanks! She was acting perfectly healthy yesterday...I get up before their light comes on, and am about half way to the coop when the light does come on....she was gone pretty quickly.

No. Not at all. Their light goes on at 6:30 am and is off by 6 pm.
Right now, the sun is up 30 minutes later. I go in with fresh water and fresh feed and my early morning pretense stimulates their desire to eat their healthy feed, which my vet told me is real important 1st thing in the am. and 6 pm allows them to stay outside a little after it gets dark...they just follow the light. They are in and up on their roosts by 5 pm. Which is right now! Because I have a baby monitor I know these things. Lol.
Their light will be off in an hour

And they are just now 25 and 23 weeks old. They haven't laid eggs yet.

Back
Top Bottom