when I candled my egg I felt it sort of vibrate is this normal? is the chick alive

Morgan231

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
tempImagetYeSfd.jpg

I would think if you felt movement in the egg it would have to be. How far along is it and is it a baby chick or duckling?

I would think if you felt movement in the egg it would have to be. How far along is it and is it a baby chick or duckling?
hi thank you so much, I'm very unsure as its a surprise I didn't realise that the cockerel was at the age of being able to fertilise the eggs so I left my broody silkie sat on them until I candled them as I was curious and saw the air sack and veins, I would say maybe 1 week (7-8) days maybe

hi thank you so much, I'm very unsure as its a surprise I didn't realise that the cockerel was at the age of being able to fertilise the eggs so I left my broody silkie sat on them until I candled them as I was curious and saw the air sack and veins, I would say maybe 1 week (7-8) days maybe
Okay if it has veins that you can see I would say it is surely a live chick. Do you have it in an incubator or is it under a hen?

Okay if it has veins that you can see I would say it is surely a live chick. Do you have it in an incubator or is it under a hen?
ir is under the hen, and also I took the mother hen off for around 30 minutes yesterday (this was before I realised the egg was fertile) as she needed a clean as the other had pooed on her, is this okay for the eggs? will this have effected them

ir is under the hen, and also I took the mother hen off for around 30 minutes yesterday (this was before I realised the egg was fertile) as she needed a clean as the other had pooed on her, is this okay for the eggs? will this have effected them
For just a 30 minute break it should be fine. I would just let her sit on it and see if it hatches. It looks good to me and if you felt it vibrate and can see veins I would say it is most certainly alive. Good luck and you are most welcome for my reply.

For just a 30 minute break it should be fine. I would just let her sit on it and see if it hatches. It looks good to me and if you felt it vibrate and can see veins I would say it is most certainly alive. Good luck and you are most welcome for my reply.
thank you :) how often can I candle the egg (sorry for all my questions its my first time )

thank you :) how often can I candle the egg (sorry for all my questions its my first time )
You are most welcome and I would not do it anymore than you absolutely have to as to not disturb your Hen. I would wait another week and then try while she is off of the nest to see what you can see then. Good Luck and hatching is sooooo much fun!!!! I have done lots of duck eggs but no chicken eggs. Off to work I go, have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom