Where can I rescue battery hens in North Carolina?

oliviad51

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
North Carolina
Wasn't really sure where to put this but I hope this spot works:) After watching some videos of how the hens in factory/battery farms are treated, I was completely heart broken. There is absolutely no reason any living thing should be treated like that. I was in tears after reading some of how it works.

I want to see if a farm will sell or give some hens to me. I have been searching on this website and found a lot of people that wanted to do the same thing, but most were told to go to their animal shelter or humane society. We do have both near here, but they only work with dogs and cats. I was hoping to email a farm but I can't find any email addresses anywhere online. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

This is an old post, but anyone looking for rescue hens should look up Carolina Waterfowl Rescue - they’re close to Charlotte and often take in large groups of battery hens and other birds for a series of reasons. If you can’t adopt, but empathize with the cause, you can always donate :))
CWR really often has chickens available for adoption, but they do really encourage people to take roosters with a group of hens. They really get overwhelmed with roosters and have a lot of trouble finding them homes.

Back
Top Bottom