2 Weeks ago, I got my shipment from MPC. My order consisted of:
1Appellenzer Spitzhauben
1Siliver Lakenvelder
1GLW
1SLW
1Cukoo Maran
1Light Brahma
1 Silver Seabright

The Silver Seabright died intransit and everyone else was IDed. So I thought. I noticed on the second day something was off. My Light Brahma wasn't a light Brahma. I looked at my order and I did say that I would allow substitutions for a non black silkie, or a blue cochin. So... instead of my light brahma I thought I got a partridge cochin or a buff brahma. Well... today I am looking at the feet of the chick, it has no real feet feathers!

So what breed is this? I know she is a pullet for sure.

77220_p4141104.jpg

77220_p4141103.jpg

.... she looks like a buff brahma.

Hatchery stock brahmas don't have heavy foot feathering - the breed itself doesn't have heavy feathering like cochins. In fact, the chick looks a lot like my girl from Ideal (granted, mine has more feathers)

12583_img_2477.jpg

Thanks! The reason I was confused is a did manage to pick up a couple light brahmas today from Privett Hatchery. Yeah, their feet look like silkies. Lots of feathers. I'll take a picture and post it. So will my little girl not have feathered feet?
sad.png

Is it just me or does it look bearded to anyone else? May just be the angle/light but it looks lightly bearded to me.

As for breed it does not look like a brahma, but I cannot put my finger on what it could be......... sorry

I can't see how you'd think that, they're the same color.

She'll have shank feathering, yes - there just won't be very much.

Do you have a better picture of her face?

Back
Top Bottom