Where to buy adult hens near Nashville?

dbahan

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Nashville
I have three 9 month old Ameracauna hens. Actually, I now have only 2 since one recently disappeared a couple of days ago. We can't figure it out. No traces of feathers or blood and we have a secure 8 ft privacy fence around the whole yard. Anyways, I'm still relatively new to raising chickens. These first three were given to me by a neighbor who recieved 25 in the mail. I would just like to replace the one I lost and maybe even get one more (I live in the city). Where can I go to purchase adult hens within an hour or so from Nashville?
Oh, I should add that I'm interested in trying some other breeds like Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, etc.

Last edited:
I'm just bumping this because I'd like an answer on this too. I'm in Nashville, and am interested in pullets.
I have 7 5-week old chicks, but one has turned out to be a roo, and I wanted 7 layers.

And I'm sorry about your missing chicken - that's weird that there was no sign of her whatsoever. Could she have somehow managed to clear the fence?

Last edited:
We are kinda west of Nashville takes us 1.5 hours to get there. We have RIR pullets, Black Stars that we have up for sale. They are young (*week old, two weeks old and day olds) we are still hatching out. We also have green egg layers but we are deciding how many we want to keep to increase our flock. Could possibly bring them to Nashville when we come up there........Suzette:D

I just moved to McEwen,TN. I am looking for a few more hens myself. I love roosters!! I have one and he is mean as fire! Got me good the other morning! I also need a coop!! Help!!

We are kinda west of Nashville takes us 1.5 hours to get there. We have RIR pullets, Black Stars that we have up for sale. They are young (*week old, two weeks old and day olds) we are still hatching out. We also have green egg layers but we are deciding how many we want to keep to increase our flock. Could possibly bring them to Nashville when we come up there........Suzette:D
Still have any chickens for sale? I’m looking to add three to my flock.

Back
Top Bottom