Where to find food grade diatomaceous earth in Guadalajara, Mexico

mispollitos

Songster
9 Years
Sep 30, 2010
There seems to be a lot of latinos using the forum which is a wonderful asset!!! Does anyone know for sure what it's called in Spanish and where I could buy some in Guadalajara? I've been asking around the expat community here and everyone scratches their heads and thinks that it cannot be purchased here but must be imported! That can't be true!

I buy mine online, just type in diatomacous earth. It's fairly cheap but shipping is high what do you want to use it for? I was wondering if baking soda wouldn't work just as well for smell in the coop, It doesn't do much for bugs or worms. I also put it in the chickens food to help keep it fresh.

Quote:
I have been using it for years on and in my chickens. They have no lice, mites or worms. This is all I use for these 3 problems.

wolfcreekranch.com they ship to Mexico

Last edited:
I know this is old, but did you ever find any in Guadalajara? I am in Ajijic and the stuff is everywhere naturally...just not food grade.
smile.png

There seems to be a lot of latinos using the forum which is a wonderful asset!!! Does anyone know for sure what it's called in Spanish and where I could buy some in Guadalajara? I've been asking around the expat community here and everyone scratches their heads and thinks that it cannot be purchased here but must be imported! That can't be true!
We use wood ash when we are having trouble with mites. I dont know if that is your issue.

Back
Top Bottom