Where to get coop

HenOfTheHouse

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 22, 2014
I'm going to need a coop this year and I don't know where I can buy one for $100 or less. Does anybody have any ideas. Thanks a bunch!
Hen Of The House

For your limited budget, I would check on Craigslist or frequent thrift stores and look for something you could renovate into a coop - like maybe a child's playhouse. Otherwise, you may find it best to try to build your own - there are many homemade coops in the coop section that have been done on thrifty budgets. You can often find pallets for free in many areas and these can be converted into coops with as little or as much redesign as you choose.

Thank you for the advice. I've tried craigslist but none just seem to fit. There's a whole lot of chicken tractors for one hundred or less but none of them fit our environment. We have horrible winters so playhouses don't work. Thanks again I 'll consider ebay and pallets
Hen Of The House

Okay I found his really awesome coop for free on craigslist. But it's so far away. Th same people were also selling pallets. I don't have the money now to buy the pallets or drive all the way to Metroville, Canada. I got excited but now I'm lost. I guess I 'll continue my search.
Hen Of The House

Back
Top Bottom