Where to get marek's vaccine

The Mareks vaccine is best used at the hatcheries where they have a stronger one. They are supposed to be vaccinated as day olds, and kept from any possible exposure for 2 weeks. Once they have been in your home environment it is probably too late to vaccinate. I wouldn’t worry too much. I usually opt to get mine vaccinated, but I have raised others who were from the feed store, and have never had any cases. How old are the chicks, and where did they come from? Do you have a lot of chickens in your area.

Got them on April 10th. Some were only a couple days old and some were about a week old. Got them from a localish breeder about an hour and a half away. I didn't ask but I don't believe he vaccinates. Feeding medicated feed of course. I just wasn't sure how important it was. They all seem fine and doing great. Even have them in their coop. I have a large 150watt brood heater and the younger ones that are smaller sleep under it and the ones that are about a week older sleep beside it since they have more feathers. We've got four and a half acres and no one lives around us. A lady up the road about a mile has chickens and other than that I don't think anyone else does. Everyone's pretty spaced far apart.

Back
Top Bottom