Which breed is she?

chickmama2014

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Australorp or jersey giant? Previous owner wasn’t sure which she was. I took a pic of the feet because I read that was how you tell but those feet look gray to me 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    540.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1242.png
    IMG_1242.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Hello again. I thought I would add another photo of my new black lady. Here she is with the flock. I’m starting to wonder maybe she is a JG. It doesn’t matter either way but I like to research the breeds I have and learn as much as I can about them.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpeg
    IMG_1298.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 1
Personally, I think she’s a australorp. I could be wrong.
I’m leaning towards that as well but do notice she’s slightly bigger than my gold laced Wyandotte. And maybe australorps are bigger than wyandottes 🤷‍♀️ She’s sure pretty but being a little stinker to my Silkie.

I’m leaning towards that as well but do notice she’s slightly bigger than my gold laced Wyandotte. And maybe australorps are bigger than wyandottes 🤷‍♀️ She’s sure pretty but being a little stinker to my Silkie.
I looked it up and my overall conclusion was that they each are generally the same size, usually weighing around 6.5 lbs. However, I’m not sure about wyandottes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if your hen is just a big australorp, as I’ve had many.

Back
Top Bottom