White eggs- Brown eggs?

Tinkey71

Songster
Nov 8, 2018
Florida
I think my brown eggs from my hens taste better than store bought white eggs.
I read that there is no nutritional difference between the 2.
So the taste difference might be from them being fresh or mental from me working so hard with the chickens
What do other people think/ prefer?

The difference is not the color of the eggs. It's the environment, the feed and the mental satisfaction of knowing you raised healthy, happy hens. My white duck and chicken eggs are every bit as tasty as my brown eggs.

I feel guilty when I eat store-bought eggs at my sister's house because I'm thinking about how those eggs were produced. No doubt, that influences how much I can enjoy breakfast there.

Enjoy the bounty of your hens -- whatever color the shell!

Some people are sure brown eggs taste different.

A neighbor of mine grew up with a flock of white egg layers. Definitely believes brown eggs taste different. To him, brown eggs taste bad...he cannot eat them. He is not the only person who I’ve met who think brown eggs taste different.

To me, I notice a difference between inexpensive store bought and backyard flock, but not between colors from the backyard flock.

Store eggs are rather flavorless in my opinion.
Eggs from my flock are definitely fresher and have a rich flavor.

I have found one brand of eggs in the store that are rich in yolk color and far superior to the standard cheap store eggs. They are a close second to eggs from my own flock.

Brown eggs are far superior and come in many shades. 20190122_175121.jpg . All are from Barred Rocks.
I've never had Layers of white eggs, but I don't doubt that they would taste as good in my Flock. GC

Back
Top Bottom