White Eyed Question

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
I purchased a pair of white eyed peachicks two years ago and they are going very well except for the coloring. The female looks right but the male lacks the white eyes. The odd part is that he had them when he had the young, brown train feathers, but as soon as he started to get the adult feathers they were gone. Will he get them when he reaches adult plumage or is he just split for the gene? I got them from a person on here and they seemed very knowledgeable and I trusted their breeding, but mistakes are made on occasion and they have not contacted me back to let me know. Thanks to all in advance.

Last edited:
I purchased a pair of white eyed peachicks two years ago and they are going very well except for the coloring. The female looks right but the male lacks the white eyes. The odd part is that he had them when he had the young, brown train feathers, but as soon as he started to get the adult feathers they were gone. Will he get them when he reaches adult plumage or is he just split for the gene? I got them from a person on here and they seemed very knowledgeable and I trusted their breeding, but mistakes are made on occasion and they have not contacted me back to let me know. Thanks to all in advance.
We need a photo.
i don't understand what you mean when you say he had them when he was younger, he is younger now, so are you mabe refering to frosted tips on the tail feathers mabe instead of eye feathers?
this guy has frosted tail feathers but i will not know if he is a white eyed untill he gets gis eye feathers cause he is just a year old

Here is a mature white eyed male, it is not mine, i found the photo on the net to show what they are supose to look like in case you were not sure.

The above photo Zazouse has posted is a photo of a male carrying two copies of the white eye gene. A male carrying only one copy will generally have less than 1/2 of the number of white eyes in his train, and sometimes only a couple.

It is a great example. Not my photo though, unfortunately. Its actually one by Sid at Texas Peafowl!

Last edited:
Ya know i tried to order babies from him or get on a list on 1/3/2011 and even tried to keep in touch so he knew i was still waiting and i still have not heard a word from him, he did try to sell me an older pair all ready breeding age that he was getting i guess but i wanted babies and i did not want to buy something someone just got and not know anything about them so DH and i were wanting to make a trip up there and pick them up but never got anything or even a reply after 3 e-mails so i gave up on him.
Probably a good thing though i surely would have come home with more than the 8 i wanted at 40 dallars each and i did find some pieds for
guess he's a busy fella

I've never tried to contact him yet, but when I show him pics of some of my new birds in a couple years I'm sure he'll be replying. I've had the same response from Brad Legg too, but these people probably get like 10 000 emails a month, so I'm not too put off if I get no reply.

Oh he replyed , the last e-mail i got was in may2011 i believe and he said they were 45 days till they started laying, i just never got any e-mails telling me he did not have any available after i had been waiting for months.
It's all good i found some local at half the price plus i did not have to make a trip.

Back
Top Bottom