White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
Hello everyone. If any of u raise good to SQ examples of the LF Spanish. Would u please take a moment to PM me. I have a few questions. Thank U
smile.png

Anyone in Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana with very good quality WFBS who is willing to ship eggs? I saw Jim Bell's birds on youtube and hope to find some with the nice big white patches like he is selecting for. The weather is starting to cool off a little, and the heat is not so bad for shipping.

Just picked up my new flock yesterday of WFBS! Sooo excited. I've been looking at which breed to get and came across these! I've had ducks before but really preferred chickens. Last night it rained and the silly birds got on top of their coop to enjoy it. Everyone else that has these: Do yours have a teal beautiful tint to them??

Hey! I'm not too far from you over in Blountstown. I have a roo and six pullets right now. Got them this spring so we are just getting to the point of lay. Wild crazy things! I have to poke the hens out of the tree every evening. They want to roost outside...even in the rain. Yes the roo has a beautiful sheen to him.

We literally just got done hunting one of the hens down. Ended up finding her in a tree. She flew into the neighbors yard and we went and got her. Anyone clip their wings and have luck? We just haven't finished their pen all the way (plan on it tomorrow)

I posted a wanted add for hatching eggs in the buy sell trade section via the BYC rules. if anyone can take a moment to take a look and help me it would b greatly appreciated. Thank u
smile.png

I have an issue with my Rooster randomly starting to be aggressive. He wasn't this was til last week! He chased me a little but didn't try to attack. Now hes at the point where he tries to attack me. I am very cautious and never turn my back to him. I've swatted him down, which only makes him want to keep fighting. I've read other postings on here about people eating their aggressive roosters. I really don't want to do that because of the breed...But I DO want a Male around my 3 hens! Heeeelp!! He's separated right now from my hens til I can figure out what to do! Hes a little over 6 months. He's not aggressive with the hens. I feel maybe hes just really protective and the fact they have been coming to me when I have treats he feels threatened?

After I separated them for most of the day I came home to him on the hen house trying to sleep near the hens but not in the pen [bc of chicken wire] I picked him up and held him, pet him, turned him upset down til he didn't flail [sp?] anymore. Then eventually put him back with his girls. When I went to feed them today he didn't go along the pen lining like he was doing [preparing for attack mode] and didn't try to attack me at all today. So hopefully what I did helped...

Back
Top Bottom