White spots on rooster's comb (pictures)

costello

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Anyone have any idea what these white bumps are on my rooster's comb? They appeared during the coldest part of the winter, so I assumed they were frostbite, but someone told me that would be black.

Thanks for any help.

It looks like just a touch of favus, which is a fungus. I would put some antifungal cream on it everyday, such as miconazole or Lotrimin.

Hi! I can't really tell from the pics, but this happened ton new of my Roos. After some searching here, I fount that it was a fungus ft some kind, I can't remember what they had said. However, their solution worked for my roo. I got some athletes foot powder from the drug store and mixed it with Vaseline to make a whiteish paste. I then applied it to his comb. Every couple of days I would wipe off the old and apply some new. Pretty soon it cleared up and never came back. I hope this helps!

It looks like parts of feed to me. Frost bite would hurt a lot and the chicken would go crazy with pain
D.gif

Last edited:
Just an update. I did use an anti-fungal on him for a short while - every night for about 4 or 5 nights. Then I stopped out of laziness. It seemed to make no difference. But whatever it is is clearing up on its own. There's only one small white bump left.

Last edited:
We have two black hens with white spots on their combs. Thank you for posting your treatment. We are going to try it now.

Ahhh my hen got these kinda raised white spots developed over a couple months in winter>>i think someone err crapped on her head! and then this happened...finally know what it is! lorde just put coconut oil on it...maybe fungal cream next thanks!

Back
Top Bottom