Whiting True Blue & Green Questions

@alexisrambles Did you ever get a brown egg from your WTGs? I found this brown egg today, got to be Red as Speckles is laying the olive green and the WTBs got another month to go (pelvic bone check).
Red is pic #2, her egg #1
Speckles is pic #4, her eggs #3 ... dull olive green

They are not laying in the nest, so I put some fake eggs in there today. Although Speckles/olive green eggs is getting closer to the nest. Red is way off :rolleyes: Glad they're not loose, it would be an egg hunt every day :lau

Attachments

• 2019 Chickens - 12 Reds 1st egg.jpg
    2019 Chickens - 12 Reds 1st egg.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2019 Chickens - 11 WTG Red.jpg
    2019 Chickens - 11 WTG Red.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2019 Chickens - 12 Speckles day 3.jpg
    2019 Chickens - 12 Speckles day 3.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2019 Chickens - 11 WTG Speckles.jpg
    2019 Chickens - 11 WTG Speckles.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 10
@alexisrambles
View attachment 1982172 I was wrong ... The WTG wanted to lay their eggs in the poop board today, long story short I put them in the nest (backwards, going head first they freaked). They stayed & laid their eggs, I stayed & watched. The green eggs are from Red, the brown from Speckles. Another surprise is the egg colors, the shades have changed. The olive green now looks bluish green and the brown looks pinkish.

Egg size is still small but I won't have to buy eggs anymore .... Eggs started on Wednesday, today is day 5 & I have 6 eggs. Once the WTB start, I'll be giving eggs away again.

@alexisrambles
View attachment 1982172 I was wrong ... The WTG wanted to lay their eggs in the poop board today, long story short I put them in the nest (backwards, going head first they freaked). They stayed & laid their eggs, I stayed & watched. The green eggs are from Red, the brown from Speckles. Another surprise is the egg colors, the shades have changed. The olive green now looks bluish green and the brown looks pinkish.

Egg size is still small but I won't have to buy eggs anymore .... Eggs started on Wednesday, today is day 5 & I have 6 eggs. Once the WTB start, I'll be giving eggs away again.
I have a few pinky brown eggs too!!! Aren't they pretty??? I do find their color takes a few days to even out. I had a few I thought looked off and we're another hen laying!

Can't wait to see what the shade/color the WTBs lay. The WTG have been laying everyday, must be the Leghorn in their mix. Every "batch" of chickens I've raised have been different, these are proving very enjoyable and entertaining. My sister was visiting, she found out it's not advisable to wear shiny nail polish :lau

2019 Barcoma - 12 Val & Whitings (3).jpg
2019 Barcoma - 12 Val & Whitings (4).jpg

WTGs started laying at 20wks, got a pink/brown egg & olive green egg. Although one day the olive looked bluish (last pic). Today one of the WTB laid her first, pale baby blue. Waiting on the last WTB which looking to be next week.

2020 Whitings - 01 Dark's Baby Blue:paper.jpeg
2020 Whitings - 01 Egg Trio.jpeg

2020 Whitings - 12 Red's "off" egg.jpg

One of my girls lays that light light blue color too! I have to take it inside for closer inspection sometimes because I'm waiting for one of my hens to start laying--she's the only white egger I have.

All 4 Whitings laying :love The first to lay (20wks) was a WTG/Red, egg color olive green ... Next was the other WTG/Speckles, egg color pinkish/brown. The first WTB/Dark laid (24wks) what I thought was white until I removed from nest, it's a light pale baby blue although the other WTB/Grey started laying and next to each other the first looks more minty than baby blue. The WTGs lay everyday, one of the WTB skipped yesterday but thinking they may lay everyday too. Did notice the WTB eggs are very narrow, checking their pelvic bone, it hasn't "opened up" like the WTG. Hope it does, concerned with laying problems as they age. I apologize for all the pictures, so happy they started laying. The blue not as dark but not unhappy with the colors.

The friend, she kept only the WTB & sold there rest of the WTG, didn't like their coloring, that I got the Whitings from still waiting for hers to start laying :rolleyes: Waiting to see her color variations
DSC04875.JPG
DSC04876.JPG
DSC04877.JPG
DSC04878.JPG

1st This is the order they lay in
2nd WTG vs WTB
3rd WTB color variation
4th WTG color variation

Back
Top Bottom