Who Has Black Spanish Turkeys ?

Hi

Do and of you have and/or breed Black Spanish turkeys ? If you have pics I would love to see them and I would also be interested in hearing any possible sources to get hatching eggs from. I like old and rare breeds/varieties and these seem to be pretty rare as I hardly ever hear anyone talking about them. I have Bourbon Reds now, I hope to be adding White Hollands from Steve's stock in the spring. And I'm thinking Black Spanish and probably Narragansetts are in my future too. So if any of you breed them or know where I could get some eggs to try, please let me know and if you have pics too then that would be great as well. Thanks
I have Black Spanish. Love them. I have young poults that I would like to rehome as "pets" not food. They are very friendly.

Try "The Red Feather Farm", they have exhibition line black turkeys, some of the best I've seen. Lots of black turkeys out there but they are not pure black based so there is always bronze leakage. True black turkeys are homozygous for the "B" black gene.

Bo

Try "The Red Feather Farm", they have exhibition line black turkeys, some of the best I've seen. Lots of black turkeys out there but they are not pure black based so there is always bronze leakage. True black turkeys are homozygous for the "B" black gene.

Bo
Thank you. I found the hen I was looking for last year about this time. I now have 3 poults from my breeding pair. I'd say that I have the bronze leakage, but to me they are perfect. :) Thank you for your reply. If I can find my original post, I'll remove it. And I'll look at Red Feather Farm too. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom