Who has used chicken water cups?

They work work awsome ! No more cleaning waterers and its connected to a 5 gallon bucket,so it lasts a few days.one or two cups will do 20 birds although i use two so theres no waiting line
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks @Ftwchopper.

I raise 80-100 RSL Each year and I am tired of cleaning the waterers. I am thinking about hooking up PVC to a small Barrel with 6 or so.

Nate

Thanks @Ftwchopper.

I raise 80-100 RSL Each year and I am tired of cleaning the waterers. I am thinking about hooking up PVC to a small Barrel with 6 or so.

Nate

Yes,that will work or i have made a pvc bar with a few waterers on it and attached it to the bucket with 1/2" flex hose and barb fittings.That way its not hard plumbed and i can remove it for cleaning.

I have used these cups for about 2 years, only in the summer. I love them, they are attached to a pvc pipe and a 5 gal bucket, works great with very little maintenance. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I keep them in the run and the first thing in the morning when letting them out of the coop they go for the water in these cups instead of the water in the coop.

Granny

How many cups per bird do you use. I have between 2-6 birds in a breeding pen and in the Free Range Coop for eating eggs I have about 100 hens. whats would be a good number for them?

Nate

Anyone else know? I have 150 Rsl Pullets and the water situation is a pain right now! Would 10 cups be enough? Or do I need more?

Nate

Hi, I've just come across these cups. I have a small flock and was going to go for push in nipple waterers without cups. I have read somewhere that these cups aren't great for situations where a lot of dust/debris is in the air as it can clog the cup/nipple??? Do you have any experience with this? My flock ranges from 4 to 10 chickens. I now use a plastic watering apparatus from my feed store but would like their water to be cleaner (currently young birds make a mess in an hour or so.
Any experience/advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

I have 9 cups in three different pens in my barn. I have a 55 gal barrel in the loft that feeds a 5 gal bucket with a float in it then it gravity feeds the cups. The pressure was too high out of the 55 gal barrel from the hay loft so I added a TidyCat cat litter bucket and put a small float in it, it stays full all the time and feeds the cups. I add Apple cider vinegar to the small bucket once or twice a week. I have it all plumbed with black poly pipe and push in fittings so I can take it apart and rearrange it without having to buy new fittings and pipe every time.

Works excellent all day long every day.

Here are some pictures of the system but it may not look like this now as I have moved stuff and made improvements as I felt it needed them.

Original plumbing in one coop with nipples.

Same pen now with cups, you can see tidy cat litter bucket with pipe going in the top right side to float.

Barrel in hay loft, you can see the filler pipe and the litter bucket inside.

Better shot of cat litter bucket

Cups in center pen

One month old chicks checking out their water cups for the first time

I am going to stick with these cups for all my inside coops and use the horizontal nipples for outside applications.
The horizontal nipples look like this.

Back
Top Bottom