3 parts whole corn
1 part whole oats
2 parts sunflower seeds

these quantities are enough to ensure natural poultry feed excluding calcium
we can provide calcium to hens with grit and oyster shell in chcicken pen
7 days on month (every month) soluble vitamins in water

this is it-quite simple and effective.

Last edited:
keep in mind different crops have different nutrients. looking at your mix by our standards here in the united states, your fat content is to high and your protein is a little low (by about 3%)

if your mix is working for you then dont change a thing. my mix is similar, i would take out one part of the sunflower seeds. this past spring we had an issue with a fat deposit that caused egg binding in several of our hens (from to much sunflower seed). i would also add about 3-4 parts of a 24% protein hog pellet, and a little molasses just for micronutrient content.

keep in mind different crops have different nutrients. looking at your mix by our standards here in the united states, your fat content is to high and your protein is a little low (by about 3%)

if your mix is working for you then dont change a thing. my mix is similar, i would take out one part of the sunflower seeds. this past spring we had an issue with a fat deposit that caused egg binding in several of our hens (from to much sunflower seed). i would also add about 3-4 parts of a 24% protein hog pellet, and a little molasses just for micronutrient content.
Interesting, thanks for the advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom