Why does raw meat have to taste soo good?

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
Raw tuna and raw beef = my two favorites.

Why why why does it have to taste sooo good? Melt in the mouth goodness. The just cool yet warm meltyness of a good chunk of meat. Well, I guess I do sear the outside of my beef steaks, but not the tuna steaks.

I have never had raw tuna or beef because of all the hormones and what not tuna... i don't even know lol i dont like tuna to start out with much

I LOOOOOVE raw beef..with some salt on it..... :drool
Ever try bacon before its cooked? Sooo good..just a small bite though...
:oops:
Cant bring myself to eat raw fish yet though...but I will someday..:D

Last edited:
If you ever get the chance to loin out and eat a fresh caught 2-3 year old pacific albicore tuna, you will really wonder what the stuff in cans is made out of. A totally different beast and because the tuna off the coast are so young, levels of mercury/toxins are very low vs eating 20 year old tuna like commercially caught bluefin.

As for hormones in beef, don't eat it that much, if I'm going to eat it, it might as well be raw. Not like the hormones are going anywhere post heat. LOL

But I don't think I'll ever bring myself to be able to eat raw bacon. Something inside still likes cooked pork products... or perhaps it is the lack of something inside.

Last edited:
Mmmm - sushi! One of my favorite foods. I also love carpaccio (raw beef). when done right and from the right source, soooo good!

Then you'd love the carpaccio at the restaurant where I work. The beef is quick-seared, then thin sliced (looks like seared tuna), and used as the outer "wrapper" for what's basically a sushi roll. Fresh herbs are inside, and atop each piece, a little garlic aioli, fried caper, fresh shaved reggiano, and drizzled with truffle oil and aged balsamic.

smile.png

Then you'd love the carpaccio at the restaurant where I work. The beef is quick-seared, then thin sliced (looks like seared tuna), and used as the outer "wrapper" for what's basically a sushi roll. Fresh herbs are inside, and atop each piece, a little garlic aioli, fried caper, fresh shaved reggiano, and drizzled with truffle oil and aged balsamic.

smile.png

droolin.gif

:)

:drool

Back
Top Bottom