Why does safe-guard have an egg withdrawal time?

@casportpony I know this is an old thread but @Eggcessive told me a couple days ago that it is 1/4 ml per pound so for my 5.5 pound bird I just now gave her 1.3 mls and was going to to that for 4 more days. Did I just way over dose my hen?? Can I switch to the super small dose you mention above and still be effective and have no egg withdrawals?? Now I’m freaked out I gave her to much!!
The super small dose is for when you want to treat just roundworms & cecal worms, not capillary worms, and you want to eat the eggs. When I deworm mine, I give 0.23 ml per pound for five consecutive days.

The super small dose is for when you want to treat just roundworms & cecal worms, not capillary worms, and you want to eat the eggs. When I deworm mine, I give 0.23 ml per pound for five consecutive days.
@castportpony Ok so I did it right just have to toss eggs for 2 weeks….or I can switch to the lower dose and not toss. I haven’t seen worms or had her tested since no one around me will do it, but she is thin and half bald so I am going to worm her and see if she gains some weight. Everyone on here so far said her feather damage was from my roo but I’m still not sure it’s not feather mites. She has me stumped because he eats like a hog and looks like she is smuggling a baseball in her crop every night so something is keeping her from putting on weight. She also lays a 65+ gram egg every day even through molt and winter. She is 5.5 pounds but I can feel her keel bone where I can’t in any of my other girls. She was a battery rescue.

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4133.jpeg
    IMG_4133.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 3
  • B7B319A6-F8C1-4EAC-8AFA-A746EA4DBFD9.jpeg
    B7B319A6-F8C1-4EAC-8AFA-A746EA4DBFD9.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back