Why don't people listen... Rant

Pics

mowin

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 17, 2018
Upstate NY
Client wanted chickens. However, she's not there every day. Told her the basics, but she didn't listen.

Purchased a coop-run combo said to hold 15 birds, but only realistically holds 3, barely. (3×3.5). Put up poultry fencing for a larger run, then purchased 10 standard chicken and 4 Ginny's.

Seeing she wasn't going to be around all the time, she purchased 2 mini Australian Shepherds to protect her flock... I voiced my opinion, which she didn't like.

Pups are outside only. Live in the barn or garage. Very little human interaction. Guess what? Pups got a little older, and bored, and decide to do what bored puppies do. Chase what's available. Chickens. Two missing chicken's and ginny's. Feathers all over the place.

Now she's wondering why, and what to do about it. Why don't people do their homework before they commit.

Sorry for the rant. Highly frustrated.

Fortunately, she is now listening, researching, and making the needed changes.

Thing that gets me, in this day and age where info is easy and accessable, why don't people research and educate themselves before jumping in feet first?
The problem is that people nowadays expect to get all the necessary info within 160 characters (SMS/Squatter) which won't work. Any longer text will start to fade away after the 161st letter and

Lol, that's great.
Sadly, this is my experience in my job (IT-consultant). It has become so difficult to explain more complex things to people because you are just loosing them after a very short time. And some things cannot be explained in one sentence. - Taking care for poultry for example. I guess we could chat for hours about what you need to do, what your can do and what you should not do ever. (You still here?) People are no longer reading books or manuals, they just want am instruction-video, but a short one. Like "just press this big red button and every problem is solved" - and yes, your red button is the biggest one in the world…

Back
Top Bottom