why is my Goose showing Aggression?

BarredRockGirls

Songster
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Ohio
hey all! so my Buff Pomeranian's are about 5 months old now ... Lady and Lucy if any of you remember them . Lucy has a lil Toulouse mixed in her too btw . but anyway i started babysitting some kids and the youngest is 3 a lil girl . well Lucy HATES this lil girl . any time this lil girl turns her back to Lucy - Lucy puts her head down and charges at her even tries to nip her . If the girl is right next to me she wont do it - I try and keep the lil girl right beside me at all times and tell Lucy -NO! STOP THAT! i even have had to grab her once to stop her and once i charged right back at her telling her NO! bad lucy !

my ducks and geese are imprinted to me always have been . i can call them from any point in the yard ive even taught them tricks so this aggression is surprising to me . esp since they are fine w my children and other young kids - just not this lil girl .

also its as if shes protecting Lady - the other goose .... do Ganders act this way ? ive often wonder if Lucy was a gander - i wont know until they lay i guess which is..... spring ?

Ganders often do act this way, and it will get more noticeable as they get older. Also good to remember, just because they like/trust you doesn't mean they like/trust all humans. If my geese are out of their pen I have to keep myself between them and my children (and any other visitor) at all times. They see me as the boss but still want to dominate everyone else. It's just their nature!

Ganders often do act this way, and it will get more noticeable as they get older. Also good to remember, just because they like/trust you doesn't mean they like/trust all humans. If my geese are out of their pen I have to keep myself between them and my children (and any other visitor) at all times. They see me as the boss but still want to dominate everyone else. It's just their nature!

Boris my gander likes me but hisses and bluffs everyone else. My three kids 10, 9, 7.5 all are fine. A little boy we watch who is 3 doesn't stand a chance on his own. My geese are only let out of their pasture when i am outside. Boris also really hates cars now so guests would not be greeted nicely. I still love the geese, Boris especially.

hey all! so my Buff Pomeranian's are about 5 months old now ... Lady and Lucy  if any of you remember them . Lucy has a lil Toulouse mixed in her too btw . but anyway  i started babysitting some kids and the youngest is 3 a lil girl . well Lucy HATES this lil girl . any time this lil girl turns her back to Lucy - Lucy puts her head down and charges at her even tries to nip her  . If the girl is right next to me she wont do it  - I try and keep the lil girl right beside me at all times and tell Lucy -NO!  STOP THAT!  i even have had to grab her once to stop her and once i charged right back at her telling her NO!  bad lucy ! 

my ducks and geese are imprinted to me always have been . i can call them from any point in the yard ive even taught them tricks so this aggression is surprising to me . esp since they are fine w my children and other young kids  - just not this lil girl . 

also its as if shes protecting Lady - the other goose .... do Ganders act this way ? ive often wonder if Lucy was a gander  - i wont know until they lay  i guess  which is..... spring ? 

Is Lucy bigger? Does she stand more upright? Is she more high pitched in her voice?

Is Lucy bigger? Does she stand more upright? Is she more high pitched in her voice?

yes - always has been - i thought maybe that was because of the bit of Toulouse in her - shes taller and wider than Lady - heavier too - i dont know exact LBs but when i pick them up i feel a def difference .

i am not sure - like i said shes taller ? but maybe shes more upright then idk - she does seem more on the alert tho . shes the first to sound off and its ear splitting. Lady pays no mind to anything just grazes away till Lucy raises a total Fuss and starts squawking and then Lady starts paying attention

yes - always has been - i thought maybe that was because of the bit of Toulouse in her - shes taller and wider than Lady - heavier too - i dont know exact LBs but when i pick them up i feel a def difference .

i am not sure - like i said shes taller ? but maybe shes more upright then idk - she does seem more on the alert tho . shes the first to sound off and its ear splitting. Lady pays no mind to anything just grazes away till Lucy raises a total Fuss and starts squawking and then Lady starts paying attention

We need pics again. but my gander walks with his head up and is much louder than my goose.

My geese, girls and boy alike do not appear to like small children but are fine with adults. When my farrier was here last he brought his son who is around three or four and they did not like him at all. He was perfectly behaved but right at their level. I guess that they think anything their size or smaller needs to be dealt with. I ended up putting them in their yard until the farrier was done.

I
[COLOR=0000CD]Sounds maybe like there might be a gander there instead of a goose?[/COLOR]
I agree with Ruru on this as well. Your pair sounds like my gander with his girls. He is the first to make the alarm, is very loud while the girls continue with their eating.

Back
Top Bottom