Wild turkeys raiding my duck feeder

Huntmaster

Free Ranging
May 2, 2021
North West Ohio
Just took a few pics of wild turkey hen and here 3 poults from this year 1 jake and 2 hens that she has raised on the farm. first 2 pics of them raiding duck feeder and second two hitting the bird feeders right outside my back picture window. This is their eve ritual before going up to roost in a big tree overlooking the pond. I have had the pleasure of watching them grow up all year.
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG

Just took a few pics of wild turkey hen and here 3 poults from this year 1 jake and 2 hens that she has raised on the farm. first 2 pics of them raiding duck feeder and second two hitting the bird feeders right outside my back picture window. This is their eve ritual before going up to roost in a big tree overlooking the pond. I have had the pleasure of watching them grow up all year.View attachment 3369545View attachment 3369546View attachment 3369547View attachment 3369548

They must feel nice and safe! My sister had four turkeys she got to fatten up over the summer for Thanksgiving...a random wild hen showed up and made herself at home. My sister took the 4 to the butcher and the hen still hangs around. With her ducks, chickens and wild peacocks (she has 24 peacocks 😯 that roost in the trees and roof of her house they are wild but are super docile around humans).

Ya I also raise many varieties of heritage turkeys usually have about 75 to 100 birds all the time except in spring when I hatch out about 150 to 200 poults. The wild turkeys like to hang out around my turkey enclosures even though they can't get in, all my pens have netted tops.
They must feel nice and safe! My sister had four turkeys she got to fatten up over the summer for Thanksgiving...a random wild hen showed up and made herself at home. My sister took the 4 to the butcher and the hen still hangs around. With her ducks, chickens and wild peacocks (she has 24 peacocks 😯 that roost in the trees and roof of her house they are wild but are super docile around humans).

Just took a few pics of wild turkey hen and here 3 poults from this year 1 jake and 2 hens that she has raised on the farm. first 2 pics of them raiding duck feeder and second two hitting the bird feeders right outside my back picture window. This is their eve ritual before going up to roost in a big tree overlooking the pond. I have had the pleasure of watching them grow up all year.View attachment 3369545View attachment 3369546View attachment 3369547View attachment 3369548
What a beautiful place you have so perfect for the wildlife along with your flock.

What a beautiful place you have so perfect for the wildlife along with your flock.
Thank you, Family and all my different birds and other animals do enjoy it along with all the other wildlife. Makes for some enjoyable/relaxing viewing right out my back picture window. Better than anything on TV:)

Back
Top Bottom