Chick-mama

Chirping
Mar 28, 2021
Hey everyone! We just had our very first hatch four days ago (yah!) from our own chicks..but I'm very curious what they will be.. our roo is a Americauna and we have a variety of hens (these three are the eggs the babies came from)
Rhode Island red
Australorp
ISA brown
I guess I'm very curious is the chicks will be easter Eggers since they were breed with the Americauna?

Momma in this picture was our newest hen and she was broody when we bought her :)

Thank you!!

IMG_20210325_165056.jpg

Yes they will be Easter Eggers. Is your boy a true Ameraucana or an Americauna (Easter Egger)? Doesn’t really matter because either way they are still considered EEs but depending on his genes some of your girls from the hatch may lay brown eggs.

Last edited:
Yes they will be Easter Eggers. Is your boy a true Ameraucana or an Americauna (Easter Egger). Doesn’t really matter because either way they are still considered EEs but depending on his genes some of your girls from the hatch may lay brown eggs.
Yahh so happy to hear this! Yes he's a true Ameraucana 🤗
Thank you for your fast response!!

I know nothing at all about genetics, but your babies are adorable! What breed is mamma? She's very cute with her little ones!
Awe thank you! The picture doesn't do them justice though! One of them has a brown streak down his head, it's so cute.
Mama here is a legbar/Ameraucana cross. We just bought her and she was our first broody hen ever.

Thats super lucky, Ameraucana's don't usually go broody. She's a pretty hen from what I can see of her!
Yes very lucky, mind you she did abandoned the last six eggs as the four hatched (I think the eggs were a week apart) so I put them in the incubator.. 🤞🏻

Here is a better picture of her with her baby, a bit dirty, I think I took this pic after she had her daily dust bath 😆

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_093219.jpg
    IMG_20210324_093219.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 16
Yes very lucky, mind you she did abandoned the last six eggs as the four hatched (I think the eggs were a week apart) so I put them in the incubator.. 🤞🏻

Here is a better picture of her with her baby, a bit dirty, I think I took this pic after she had her daily dust bath 😆
Update

Back
Top Bottom