Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

:barnie
I apologize in advance if any info is showing up more than once. For some reason my posts either aren't posting or showing up hours later!

Ok, so, thank you to all for the kind words about my puppy. We all slept a little better last night and she is showing improvement this morning :thumbsup. Long way to go but it looks like we are on a positive track.

Wow! 37o next to the house this morning, Geesh!!! Glad my coop is so well insulated. Poor chookies. Speaking of chookies, so far I really like the names giblet, (thanks cuties), and gumbo and general tso if I have a roo ( thanks CL).

Right now I am watching Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy. Good grief! We won't talk about what he did at the dog show :eek: but now he is at CackleHatchery sexing baby chicks!!!! What a hoot!!!

Last edited:
Hello from Minnesota. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on how big the Beaver Dam swap is? Are there alot of OEGBs (mostly looking for Mille Fleur old english) or any Seramas or Pincheons? It's close to an 8 hour drive, is it worth it and is there anything else interesting in the area if I would make a weekend of it? I'm thinking by the middle of October it will be too cold to camp, are there any cheap hotels in the area? Would you please PM me any info you have? Thanks a bunch!

I remember seeing millie flower there. Ok selection. It is mostly outdoors, and VERY cold.
I drive an hour for much less all the time :) I know it is a waste of gas. And prices suck! (Gas) But I enjoy meeting new people!

Not sure what direction it is from you. Fond du lac swap is indoors, and a little better selection.
As fat as tourist attractions, I am unsure of things in Beaverdam...

Jim, I hope that lady shows! If not, you should give her the guilt trip about missing out on quality time with the daughters ;-)
Frenchie, good luck on monday!!! Sounds painfull!!

Can anyone give me a lead on how to find a breeder of Swedish Flower Hens in Wisconsin?
My poor little roo needs some girls....
I e-mailed 'ourflybabies' but they never responsed. Are they still in business?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, ET goes to Aspirus..... think I should have started going their but my cardiologist in Milw who happens to be from Eagle River told me to go to Marshfield Hospital when I asked him where I should go, Antigo or Rhinelander if I need to go to a Hospital... He said MARSHFIELD.... so I again asked of the two Antigo or Rhinelander .... He again said MARSHFIELD...... so with Marshfield Hospital suggested I figured Marshfield Doctors were the way to go !!!! Maybe a mistake. I like the cardiologist at Marshfield. I think he is a very smart man. His office staff..... not so smart.
So after I learned that he works out of St Marys in Rhinelader and St Claires in Wausau it was kind of to late...

If they do find something on Monday AND I'm still able to sit up and take nourishment I might go for a second opinion and make a switch to Aspirus.

I do have to say though ST Marys did save me from a severe case of Mursa a few years ago. I was hospitalized for 4 days with 104 fever. So one point for them there !!

ET got home from his sleep study at 6:15 am. He said he fell asleep before he was suppose to... they had to start over !!! LOL They stopped counting his apnea episodes at 30 and put the CPAP on him. So he definitely will be getting a new machine. The guy figured he would probably have at least 60 episodes !!! Pretty scary since both of his parents died in their early 60's from heart attacks or ???? Since they didn't go to doctors or have autopsies !!
He didn't have his at a bank.... it was at the Cardiovascular clinic... small room without a private bathroom (thumbs down to that)
So who wants all of my chickens if ET is stuck with this whole menagerie ?????? Ducks? Geese? Guineas ? Pot Pigs? Donkeys? Horses ? Husband? LOL

Hey VickyW, how about Chicken LITTLE (can't hightlight my posts either so Highlight assigned to LITTLE).

I like Giblet ! And Bisquit too. What about Chicken & Rice ?

Flybabies is TERRIBLE about getting back to you... the gal is really nice, but holds a full time job plus her hatchery... I have gotten some eggs from her, some were a bit mixed if you know what I mean... but other than that I think they are still in business. I went there to pick up my eggs, as she is just south of Stevens Point. If there is a phone number on her site I would call that in the evening.

Last edited:
Sorry, have never been to the Beaver Dam Swap. Haven't been to to many actually ! Just be careful when going to the swaps, remember their are diseases out there that you can bring home to your flock !!

I don't recall if anyone here has Swedish Flower chickens here on Cheeseheads but I could be wrong !! Have you checked the ads under eggs, young and old birds for sale on BYC ? Like BF4M did I"ve had chickens shipped to me (twice, roosters) and they did fine.That may be your best bet !

sounds wonderful..I will cook something wonderful..not sure yet. I will have eggs for you.
Are your BLRW girls laying yet?

It is a date!

I'm not sure. If they are, the egg is brown like the reds. I could sperate to see. I would be curious to know.they all lay in the same nesting boxes. When breeding time comes, we have a couple dogkennels. I will feel guilty locki g them up for so long...

Flybabies is TERRIBLE about getting back to you... the gal is really nice,  but holds a full time job plus her hatchery... I have gotten some eggs from her, some were a bit mixed if you know what I mean... but other than that I think they are still in business. I went there to pick up my eggs, as she is just south of Stevens Point. If there is a phone number on her site I would call that in the evening.

Thanks, I will try to call her.

Back
Top Bottom