Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thanks for the info on Little Chicago....I hear it mentioned from time to time for different reasons.
The lawn is getting longer...we were poured on again last night. The wolf river is way over it's banks and the current is more than most anchors will be able to hold. Sounds like the white bass season was kina a bust this year with the high water and cold temps.

bigz

Yeah they're gorgeous. Thanks so much for taking time and posting! I'll definitely have to order some. They seem reasonable and they do ship so it's kind of a win win. I been after them for a long while

the fish don't know what the weather is,
maybe they will run later when it warms up ?

I had a hearty breakfast of two cups of coffee and two donuts. that should hold me until nappy time..

it just quit raining here, I hope that it holds off for all day.

I got the 3 pt. trailer hitch pin in.
I ordered a tap and die set from China.
all it really needed was to cut through the last couple of threads inside the hitch. there was hardly no resistance with the threader.

Now I can move forward with building the V-plow.

chicks are due to hatch next Saturday.
still have all 53 eggs going.
I don't candle. Que sera .

.........jiminwisc.......

Yep Jim I'm hoping the season for the white bass isn't totally over before I get my boat back from the fix it shop. If it is, then onto the gills I will go.
We had 15 seconds of sunshine....now it's back to the clouds...but the 15 seconds was cool to see.

bigz

I had goats back in 1977,
I enjoyed them, but I don't like the fainters. they make me nervous.

sheep will sometimes drop over like that if startled, but they don't get back up.. Just ask my friend, jim who I grew up with.. he got his arse tanned pretty good just before they butchered the already dead sheep.

.....jiminwisc....

I use my chicken poo for fertilizer and last year my tomatoes were over 6ft tall. I plant 2 rows and I put my tomatoes close together (18-24" at most). Then I use metal fence posts down each side of the row and use construction string to go between each plant. That way I have a wall of tomatoes. Train the branches to grow inside so you can walk down between the rows to pick. I was getting 1 or 2 five gallon pails full at the peak harvest time.
Do you age the chicken poo first?

If I have composted chicken poo, yes.

if not, I do it like I described above.
the dirt barrier will keep the roots from
getting into the fresher poo before it has a chance to decompose..

Nice to see you stop by wee...hope to see you at the bash? I was thinking about you and Jim...hope he had a chance to get out fishing. I know that can be hard fought time to find.

It's ok to use the fresh stuff as long as you realize what you are working with. I really am careful when using around fresh greens for salads or other stuff where it could be a problem with contamination by the rain spreading on your greens...bury the fresh is the best option....but don't use it where it is not needed like beans for example. It's really simple with a little knowledge and a lot of common sense. But use it..cause it's good stuff.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom