Wonky duck knees NEED HELP

Dansducks123

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2022
Hi! Proud duck dad of 6 little babies. They're a few weeks old and I noticed ones body is not like the others. Her knees seem to be much higher up than her siblings. The other ducks wings kinda go over their knees. Her knees go way above her wings. Has anyone seen this? She's always been the runt, doesn't eat or drink as much.
IMG_20220723_194136997.jpg
She is the yellow baby to the left of the picture. Any input is much appreciated!

I don't see what you are talking about in your picture. If you can take a picture of the duckling in question separate from the flock and shows what you're seeing.
She's a little wet because everyone just got a bath but here you can see her knees are really high up. She also walks a little different than everyone else. The other girls stand with their legs straight up and down. Her's are almost like she's leaning back on them when she stands. Like instead of a #1 shape it's more of a #7 shape if that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_175013473.jpg
    IMG_20220724_175013473.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 4
She's a little wet because everyone just got a bath but here you can see her knees are really high up. She also walks a little different than everyone else. The other girls stand with their legs straight up and down. Her's are almost like she's leaning back on them when she stands. Like instead of a #1 shape it's more of a #7 shape if that makes sense.
I can see there is something different, but not exactly sure what. It looks like she has some meatier legs. I would still need a better close up profile picture of the leg.

Can the leg complete straighten? If not, it may be a slipped tendon. You would feel the tendon on one side of the hock joint.

Do the legs seem to bow at all?

I can see there is something different, but not exactly sure what. It looks like she has some meatier legs. I would still need a better close up profile picture of the leg.

Can the leg complete straighten? If not, it may be a slipped tendon. You would feel the tendon on one side of the hock joint.

Do the legs seem to bow at all?
They don't bow really it's more like they're leaned back and get hips are bowed. Tough to get a good picture. She won't hold still.

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_190744641.jpg
    IMG_20220726_190744641.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom