Won't come out?

ebonykawai

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Wheatfield, NY near NiagFalls
OK, we have some snow but it's not a LOT, only about 3-4 inches, if that. But my flock won't come out of the coop, not even into the run, which has a thick layer of straw and no snow at all.

WHAT IS GOING ON??????
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Chickens are well, chicken.
I'll bet once they get used to the sight of it and get tired of being cooped up they'll overcome their fears.

My daughter and I carried them out and put them down in the run and they were fine with that. If they venture out the front door of the coop, they slow wayyyyyyyyyyy down and don't really go anywhere, lol. Man, it's gonna be a long winter. I am definitely not going to put them all in the run every day. There's 11 of them!! They're on their own from this moment out.

I had to learn the hard way , anything different and the chickens freak out . They do not adjust to any kind of change very well .

I even noticed if I clean out the coop and re-apply new pine shavings , THEY DO NOT lay for a day or so .

If they are new to this 1st. time snow , I would introduce them myself . Trust me , they will adjust . Go and remove them form the coop and shut the door if need be for a couple of hours and then re-open the coop so naturally they can go and lay . We certainly DO NOT want to stop the egg production .
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom