Worms!!??

You can find the Ivomec Eprinex pour on cattle wormer at the feed store. Be ready its not cheap, about 35 dollars for a bottle but will last for two years.

Also, I saw that someone mentioned it treats round worms, I don't think that's correct. Wazine is the only one I know of that treats round worms. Wes is the expert on Eprinex maybe he'll pass by to settle that question.

I'm beginning to believe that problems with parasites is a geographic thing. Up north where the Summers are short folks do not have as much of an issue. Down here in the South where the warm weather is measured in months the parasites have more chance to be out where our birds can get at them. I know I have more issues with my dogs down here.

For the valbazen you can ask Petere Brown at featherfancier.com if that info is not with the med (tho I believe it is) ...a safe general withdrawal time is 2 weeks though sometimes it is much less than that...

Thanks again for being there, dhlunicorn. When I have a problem with one of my animals, I get a little nervous, and become as dumb as a plank.

Do you mean the eggs are OK now with the worm problem?

But not OK when they are medicated?

Or not good both ways? I just collected an egg today is this one OK for now?

it is extremely rare that an egg will be invaded by an internal parasite ...as soon as you medicate they advise a waiting period as the medication can be present in miniscule amounts and this is to ensure that there are no resistance issues ...

Thank you!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom