wounded duck bill

AprilWC

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 7, 2011
north Georgia

One of my ducks is missing a chunk of bill. I noticed this yesterday and was just now able to catch the duck. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, she eats from the feeder/forages and acts normal. I have no idea how this would have happened. Should I be concerned? What should I do for her?

One of my ducks is missing a chunk of bill. I noticed this yesterday and was just now able to catch the duck. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, she eats from the feeder/forages and acts normal. I have no idea how this would have happened. Should I be concerned? What should I do for her?
My gander did something similar but not as bad, it took a while but healed fine, add some ACV to the drinking water, it will kill bacteria as she ducks her head in and is also good internally. I give 1 tab to 1 gallon of water daily.

She was probably rooting around and got it caught on something, like fencing. i've had my geese injure their bills and it healed itself in time. i think if you just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get infected, it should be fine. If you use anything, perhaps blu-kote. That's easy to get at a feed store.

Back
Top Bottom