AllFluffedUp

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
I've just hatched a bundle of silkies, some from my hens and some bought.
The ones that are not from my hens have hatched and I've got one with wry neck, one with curled toes.
The one with wry neck is not doing well.
My question is, they are on medicated chick starter with added selenium (its already added).
Should I switch them to a non medicated tomorrow? I'm syringe feeding them egg yolk, as well as adding something similar to Nutridrench (Vitamins E, B, B12, C, D etc.) into their water.
I've made the little curled toe one a boot, and shes scooting around. I've not had a chick with wry neck not show some improvement after vitamins are introduced - is it the feed, despite it having selenium in it?

Edited to add in theyre 2 days old

Last edited:
I've just hatched a bundle of silkies, some from my hens and some bought.
The ones that are not from my hens have hatched and I've got one with wry neck, one with curled toes.
The one with wry neck is not doing well.
My question is, they are on medicated chick starter with added selenium (its already added).
Should I switch them to a non medicated tomorrow? I'm syringe feeding them egg yolk, as well as adding something similar to Nutridrench (Vitamins E, B, B12, C, D etc.) into their water.
I've made the little curled toe one a boot, and shes scooting around. I've not had a chick with wry neck not show some improvement after vitamins are introduced - is it the feed, despite it having selenium in it?

Edited to add in theyre 2 days old
Do you have photos of the chick?

Go to Walmart, CVS, etc, to the vitamin aisle and pick up a bottle of Vitamin E (400IU) and a bottle of B-Complex.
Give the chick 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a bit of egg for the uptake of E.

PND is great for a quick pick me up, but it does not contain enough E for treatment of Wry Neck.
You mention curled toes, the chick needs B2(Riboflavin) which is not in PND, so give that chick 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily as well.

711z1IvtquL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
71iFocatgXL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom