Wry neck

LiizardWiitch

Chirping
Aug 15, 2022
I have a 9 week old silkie chick with terrible wry neck.
Ive been doing the typical vitamin treatments for about 6 days and antibiotics for 3 days. This poor chick is not getting better. It has moments where it can stand upright and walk around, but if it tried to drink on its own its neck get all twisty. Its been sleeping with its neck upside down. It seems to get worse if the chick geta cold or stressed. No other afflicted chicks.
Giving her syringe meds is very difficult and i have to hold her head in place upright and sometimes she will start gasping.
I have had many sucesses treating wry neck, but this one im considering euthinizing, and wanted to know thoughts. Ive been giving rooster booster in the water as well a 2ml x2 a day by mouth. And amoxicillian.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

When not stressed the chick walks with a crooked neck.
1000002489.jpg
1000002487.jpg

When in an episode:
1000002480.jpg
1000002482.jpg
1000002485.jpg

What are the antibiotics for?
Are you giving direct dose of vitamins or just the rooster booster?
400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks should help. Any brand for the grocery store. Mix it into a dose of the rooster booster.

What are the antibiotics for?
Are you giving direct dose of vitamins or just the rooster booster?
400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks should help. Any brand for the grocery store. Mix it into a dose of the rooster booster.
I have only been doing rooster booster but i can try adding meds. I saw a forum saying that antibiotics might help in that case, but i can stop giving those.

Im moatly concerned that the chick is struggling to drink so much

I have only been doing rooster booster but i can try adding meds. I saw a forum saying that antibiotics might help in that case, but i can stop giving those.

Im moatly concerned that the chick is struggling to drink so much
Vitamins aren't medications, so they're OK. Antibiotics should only be given of you vonfirm or highly suspect an infection.

Vitamins aren't medications, so they're OK. Antibiotics should only be given of you vonfirm or highly suspect an infection.
Okay i stopped antibitoics and have been doing the rooster booster with the added crushed 1/3 b complex tablet and a tablet of vitamin e 400 iu. Should i be doing this twice daily still or just once? I wanna say the chick seems slightly better since doing this too, but i did do it twice yesterday.

Okay i stopped antibitoics and have been doing the rooster booster with the added crushed 1/3 b complex tablet and a tablet of vitamin e 400 iu. Should i be doing this twice daily still or just once? I wanna say the chick seems slightly better since doing this too, but i did do it twice yesterday.
Just once, but yesterdays twice likely won't hurt

Back
Top Bottom