Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
I'm from Riverton, I have variety of chickens I have 15 hens and 3 roos. I have two roos that are Cochin (Nimby and Pumpkin) and the other one is a New Hampshire red(named wheezy, he has always whistled when he breathes). My chickens are revolting in the egg laying area right now, I am down to 2 to 3 eggs a day. Because it has been so cold I have had to resort to putting my ducks in the chicken coop, and the chickens strongly dislike it. No one fights, but they do have a chicken area and a duck area sorted out amongst themselves. lol. My ducks have completely stopped laying, feisty birds. Any one else having birds not laying?

This is Nimby.
Mine have slowed down, but far less than I expected them to. Some days I get 7 eggs out of 10, other days I get no more than 5, even down to 2. It's the day length so it's the season for them to slack off a bit...I don't do supplemental lighting. I have 4 Easter Eggers (three of which are molting), 3 Red Sex Links, 1 Buff Orpington with a ticket to freezer camp, and 2 Cuckoo Marans. And then there's Scout, a chick hatched out on October 28 under a broody. We don't know if he's a he or a she yet - but he has had a rough go of it. He got severe frostbite in his feet, so he spent quite awhile living in the house. He's back out in the coop now and seems to be doing alright. His story is in the adventure link in my signature.

I am adding supplemental light to the coop in the mornings, but I am still getting fewer eggs- maybe 5 per day on average instead of 7-8, but I figure that's pretty normal. One of my barred rocks has almost completely stopped laying, and I have no idea why...

Hello Everyone I have been reading a lot on this Form and learning tons.
Last march I started out with 16 Day old Gold Lace Wyandotte and ended up losing one at 3 days old.
Ended up with 10 Roos and 5 hens I lost 1 of each to a predator
I have 4 hens and 5 Roos now.
The hens are laying really well I get 3-4 eggs a day.
I just wanted to see if anyone has Hatching eggs in N.W. WY.
Thanks everyone and have a great day.
Carson
Hello Carson,

I'm not located in NW Wyoming, but if you make it to Casper any time, I have hatching eggs and chicks. I have hatchery silver laced Wyandottes and show quality silver laced Wyandottes and show quality Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. My hatchery dottes are bred to show quality males (BLR).

Welcome to BYC!

thumbsup.gif

The beautiful little town of Dubois suffered a horrible blow last night - part of the business district burned down. Firefighters were out trying to fight this inferno in temps of 20 below. If you're a praying person, please add the people of this community to your prayers. Dubois isn't much bigger than Cowley, and I don't know how we'd recover if that happened here, so I'm really concerned about the people there. We have several friends and Ken has a lot of Lodge Brothers there.

That's horrible!
sad.png
I hope no one was hurt.

We had a tragedy in Buffalo a few days ago too. One of our business owners, John Knebel 46, died in a house fire along with his two dogs.
Life just isn't fair sometimes.
hit.gif

Hope all of our friends on BYC are having a better holiday season.
hugs.gif

Prayers to your friends and there family's.
Sorry to hear about all the bag things happening.
God bless everyone.
Carson

Hi Peeps I am in Pavillion and my chickens have started laying again and my 6 month olds are laying too (most of them). I have 13 --6 month olds and 12 older and 1 Rooster (by mistake) lol!

Back
Top Bottom