YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm one more Georgian
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

where might you hail from?

Bring a broom or something to beat him with everytime he attacks you smack with it until he backs down. I have CCL who is pretty agressive and he runs in the coop when he sees me coming because I he knows he can't do it to me.

What i do, is catch them, no matter how hard and hold them by the legs upside down and walk around the pen feeding the other chickens, usually does not take me but one or two times and i have no further problems,

Hey Valleychicks, hows it going?
It's going pretty good here. Just dealing with rain and mist. Been going to our Granddaughter's check up visits. It seems Preemies get to have more checkups than those that weren't. She is growing like crazy! She is wonderful! Hows it going your way?

What i do, is catch them, no matter how hard and hold them by the legs upside down and walk around the pen feeding the other chickens, usually does not take me but one or two times and i have no further problems,
I do the same thing with any aggressive Roosters. When I am done walking around with them held by their legs I gently lay them down on their sides and hold them down making them stay calm. Once they are laying their calm for a bit then I let go and stand back from them. They will usually take a minute to realize they are free. I don't usually have any problems from them after that. If I do I repeat the process. Once or twice is all it should take. If they don't behave after that they don't stay. I have a couple of game roosters that so far have never messed with me. I actually trained a game rooster I hatched to fly to my arm and sit or on my shoulder. I sold him to my neighbor because I had too many roosters. My neighbor was so happy to have him and him be calm.

Talbotton..... Does Juicy still sit around at the corner liquor store and ask for a dollar?

I bet being a chicken person that you are familiar with Po Biddy Rd. :D[/quote Don't know if Juicy is still hanging out down there the store is under new managements and haven't been down town in awhile. Know Po Biddy Road very well.

Back
Top Bottom