YO GEORGIANS! :)

So, little sweetie was born with a leg that was fused sideways at the hock. It could not move the leg from that point down. For the past two weeks, I kept her in with all the other chicks. She is half the size, but she eats and drinks and hobbled around, but the weight of the foot off to the side made it hard for her. I cut the leg off at the bottom of the hock joint. I dabbed it in cornstarch to stop the bleeding. It didn't bleed for long. I then dipped it in hydrogen peroxide and then put Neosporin on it and wrapped it up. She slept on my chest for one tv program. Then, I put her in a separate home for the time being. She started eating right away. When I bandaged the leg, I wrapped some tape in a spiral and made a sort of peg leg that is the same length as her other leg. It is the first time she has been able to stand and eat without being wobbly. Once the leg heals, I will take the bandage off and let her good leg get stronger. Here is a photo of her thru the plastic container. You can somewhat see the 'peg' leg. She is now sleeping.

tell me more, where do you get it?
http://www.ultimatereset.com/en_US/

I honestly thought it was gonna be gimicky, but I misjudged. It was pretty amazing, a lot of work as far as food prep is concerned. It's all fresh fruit & veggies and a specific diet program. I think this time around I would probably do all the veggie/fruit chopping for the whole week all at once, instead of each day. I was having to get up and fix all 3 meals for the day before DH left for work, so he could take it all with him. And that meant a LOT of dish washing, too. The recipes are all awesome (except for maybe 2) and to this day, my favorite breakfast is from this reset. Pricey, but worth every penny.

So, little sweetie was born with a leg that was fused sideways at the hock. It could not move the leg from that point down. For the past two weeks, I kept her in with all the other chicks. She is half the size, but she eats and drinks and hobbled around, but the weight of the foot off to the side made it hard for her. I cut the leg off at the bottom of the hock joint. I dabbed it in cornstarch to stop the bleeding. It didn't bleed for long. I then dipped it in hydrogen peroxide and then put Neosporin on it and wrapped it up. She slept on my chest for one tv program. Then, I put her in a separate home for the time being. She started eating right away. When I bandaged the leg, I wrapped some tape in a spiral and made a sort of peg leg that is the same length as her other leg. It is the first time she has been able to stand and eat without being wobbly. Once the leg heals, I will take the bandage off and let her good leg get stronger. Here is a photo of her thru the plastic container. You can somewhat see the 'peg' leg. She is now sleeping.

Great effort, I hope it pays off for you.
thumbsup.gif

Holy crap! Animals are amazing.

aww. sweet little thing! I think you should name her after a Pirate. Like, Anne Bonny or something.

Where are the pics of your Cochins (babies AND parents!) ?? I haven't seen any!
tongue.png

Thanks!! I will def look into these. I do wonder though, how are my birds supposed to eat 50lbs of feed in four days??
idunno.gif
wink.png

You can also mix 1/3 ounce of the rooster booster dewormer per each pound of food. This is per their directions.

Has anyone tried sprouted millet for fodder? I've started a batch, it's doing well, just wondering if the chicks will like it and it's worth the effort. Got 1/2 lb of seed which I couldn't plant all of so 1Tbsp went into a french press. Growing quite well.

Has anyone tried sprouted millet for fodder? I've started a batch, it's doing well, just wondering if the chicks will like it and it's worth the effort. Got 1/2 lb of seed which I couldn't plant all of so 1Tbsp went into a french press. Growing quite well.

I use Barley seeds and sometimes Black Oil Sunflower Seeds (BOSS) for my fodder. I have even tried bird seed.

Back
Top Bottom