YO GEORGIANS! :)

definitely got it! I'm out of likes, so I couldn't just give you the 'thumbs up' to acknowledge this  :)
Man, the hits keep coming today. I just got off the phone with one of my best friends for the last 20 years. Basically, my brother from another mother. His stepdad died this morning, so prayers for them as well! We were expecting soon enough, he was going through cancer treatments since summer but was in a car wreck yesterday. So, it's a bit shocking. To say the least.

LOVE THOSE!! I had them about 6 years ago and it was one of my favorite groups.

This was my hen. She was only a few months old and I cannot find a pic of her once her white spread out. She went broody twice a year. She could hatch a dozen eggs at a time.

She is pretty. It is cool how their pattern changes with molt. I have 2 that are sitting in the coop. They are a bit nervous, it's their first time being broody so I have no tried to count how many eggs they are sitting on. This incubator hatch was my first from them and it turned out pretty good. So far I set 12, 2 were not fertile at 1st candling and 8 have hatched strong and healthy.

anyone with a name of OHHHHHHHHHlala, is perfectly safe to say "stud muffin"
wink.png
big_smile.png
Why thank you sever so much...I would put one of those smiley faces up but they don't have one batting it's eye lashes and holding a mint julep delicately in one hand and a lace parasol in the other lol. By the way my count is up to a full 8 out of 12 set (2 not fertile at 1st candling) I think it's safe to say I've got my humidity issue fixed.

Last edited:
Why thank you sever so much...I would put one of those smiley faces up but they don't have one batting it's eye lashes and holding a mint julep delicately in one hand and a lace parasol in the other lol. By the way my count is up to a full 8 out of 12 set (2 not fertile at 1st candling) I think it's safe to say I've got my humidity issue fixed.
yeah we definitely need that mint julep emoticon for us southern peeps. Time to write the admins and see if they can get right on that

Man, the hits keep coming today. I just got off the phone with one of my best friends for the last 20 years. Basically, my brother from another mother. His stepdad died this morning, so prayers for them as well! We were expecting soon enough, he was going through cancer treatments since summer but was in a car wreck yesterday. So, it's a bit shocking. To say the least.
Sorry to hear that,

Wow that's sad, I am sorry and will add your friend in my prayers.

So for my MFD hatch, 6/7 hatched. I forgot the fact that one of them looked fishy at lockdown.. Moving but way too small.. So basically a 100% hatch for the ones that looked good to start with. :)

If anyone remembers the 4.5 dozen MFD eggs I put in, I candled those.. Only THREE were clears.. 94% fertility! And three were blood rings. So that leaves me with FORTY-EIGHT on the way of all goes well. Get ready for The Great BYC MFD Giveaway when I panicked about having so many babies :lau

As for my bantam/frizzle Cochin eBay eggs.. Two that were started quit.. Leaving me with three that look really good, aside from one of them being the small-end-air-cell one. But I have a feeling it'll do just fine.

Had a really good sales weekend too, so it's been a good chicken weekend all around. Got some adult birds moved, sold lots of babies, one dozen eggs and cleared out the porch brooder for the new babies. I'm thankful that, although they're flighty as all get-out, I've had ZERO issue so far with introducing new babies into my now-juvenile Brown Leghorn flock. They take new babies with ease. They don't want to be NEAR them, but they're not mean to them either. :)

Hi my name is dewayne I live in south ga morven ga in brooks county to be exact I'm brand new to byc but have scanned the forums for a while I used to have a small flock of cornation sussex and blr whyandotts but a neighbors dog got them. That dog wiped my whole flock out in an afternoon 6 sussex 2 of witch were gff stock and 20 blrw my neighbor offered no help at compensating me but any ways I'm a new member glad to be here and I have just started a flock of speckled sussex thanks for having me

Back
Top Bottom