Your 2024 Garden

Pics
We keep getting promised rain.

Maybe today?
Screenshot_20240505-140246-294.png

We had a tiny shower yesterday and today. Wasn't much but I'll take it. Supposed to be getting more.
It was so dry all week I spent a lot of time watering.

Hope to plant some watermelons, canteloupe, pumpkins and butternut squash this week.

I think I'll be picking peas in the next day or so. Still no sign of mildew...yet. :fl
20240503_095534.jpg

Tomatoes are coming along.
20240503_095805.jpg

Black Krim
20240503_095816.jpg

Potato flower
20240503_095941.jpg

Your tomatoes are taller than mine. When did you plant them?
I started them under LEDs in Feb. They get potted up and moved to the greenhouse when they don't fit my plant light set up. Just have to keep a watch on the weather because my greenhouse is not heated.

I like them to be in 1 gal pots when I put them in the ground. I dig deeply and bury an additional ft of stem and add compost to the hole. They set deep roots. Helps keep the water to them. They are indeterminates so will keep growing and flowering as long as I can keep them alive. :lol:

I started them under LEDs in Feb. They get potted up and moved to the greenhouse when they don't fit my plant light set up. Just have to keep a watch on the weather because my greenhouse is not heated.

I like them to be in 1 gal pots when I put them in the ground. I dig deeply and bury an additional ft of stem and add compost to the hole. They set deep roots. Helps keep the water to them. They are indeterminates so will keep growing and flowering as long as I can keep them alive. :lol:
Whew. I don't feel as inadequate.

I transplanted the Roma tomatoes on April 7th, the German Johnsons on April 13th. They were in 4 pack containers, about 3" tall.
IMG_20240407_161942902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom