TillyD

Songster
Jun 1, 2022
This egg had zipped all the way around when I went to bed at about 1am. At 7am, my husband got up and it still hadn't hatched... Its now 9 and I have not seen any activity at all this morning. I have another egg zipping and a baby that just broke out about 90 minutes ago... Plus two other definite pips... I don't want compromise my other eggs to investigate this one... The beak is poking out, and I don't see any movement from it (near the bottom of the second picture...) But is it a lost cause? What causes this?! My incubator was at 63-65% and 99.5 the whole time.... 😞 I'm so upset over this loss! It was my only blur egg in a batch of EEs and OEs....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-091719_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-091719_Gallery.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220628-091736_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-091736_Gallery.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 7
Normally zipping happens fast. I'd pull the egg out of the incubator to investigate. Does it cheap or move? If not it's probably dead. Pull away the top part of the egg to see if he's alive.

Normally zipping happens fast. I'd pull the egg out of the incubator to investigate. Does it cheap or move? If not it's probably dead. Pull away the top part of the egg to see if he's alive.
Will it compromise the eggs that are in there, zipping right now? The zipped egg is not moving... I don't want to compromise the zipping eggs for one I am pretty sure is lost... 😞

She was gone... I'm very torn up about it. I feel like I failed. I should have stayed up and helped her hatch last night... 😢

It's going to be okay... Three other babies hatched today. They are in their brooder. After I pulled them, two more eggs hatched. One more is pipped that I can see... Two I don't see any activity yet, and one of those, I couldn't find an air cell on day 18, so I'm not even sure she is viable.... But if I only get 5, that's okay. These beautiful Easter Eggers and Ameracaunas are going into a flock of mostly Marans, with a single Barred Rock hen, and a Faverolle sex TBD.... I needed the diversity! It was a hard morning, but we made it... ❤️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-224215_blurams.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-224215_blurams.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom