2 eggs attached

bobshere

Songster
7 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Beautiful Northern Ontario
Anyone ever seen this before? 2 eggs attached , no shell and layed after dark from on the roost. Just found them on the floor layed by one of my 17 week old girls...

Wow!

I've seen a soft shelled/no shelled egg before.

I've also seen eggs 'laid' from the roost at night.

But I've never seen two eggs joined together like that!
th.gif
Very interesting!

I wouldn't be concerned about it though. It is quite common for pullets coming into lay to have all kinds of egg anomalies - soft shells, no shells, paper shells, tiny eggs, double yolkers, and even yolk-less eggs. It just takes a while for the egg factory to get everything right
big_smile.png

The good news? I suspect your first 'proper' eggs will be on their way to you very soon!

Good luck!

- Krista

Exact same thing happened last night. Two nights in a row now, two attached eggs layed from the roost and no shell. Seems to be about the same time also which is just after dark. Anyone else ever see this before?

Wow...nope never seen that exact thing. You might find something if you browse thru this thread.

Ditto what Kristin said.

Hopefully her egg mechanism smooths out soon and its not a permanent malfunction.

Ya I'm hoping she gets her kinks out soon. Problem is when I don't catch it they eat it come morning time. Its been happening off and on cause I see a big wet spot in the morning on the floor. I think I know which hen it is but not exactly sure. I can rule 3 of the 5 out by their egg production. I'm hoping it isn't permanent.

Broken eggs are fair game for the chooks to eat, IMO. It won't hurt them, just a little extra protein.

Make sure you are offering oyster shell and/or crushed chicken egg shell in a separate container so they get enough calcium.

I feed a 20% protein flock raiser for all age chooks and shells for the layers separately. The higher protein balances out the lower protein scratch I like to feed as a treat.

Last edited:
I have a young Americana that just started laying a week ago. Tonight just before dusk she left me 2 joined rubber eggs.

Ive had that 4 times now that I know of so I'm sure its happened more than that. I had one the other day lay from the roost right on another's head. She still has the greasy hair look.

I have conjoined eggs today!

~ Looks like a miniature snowman!
EAED0821-A696-4BBB-B4D1-72939D232A49.jpeg

I Better have a chat with that hen and show her how an egg is supposed to look

Back
Top Bottom