4 week bantam gender?

NNations

Songster
May 1, 2018
Fredericksburg, Texas
My 4 TSC bantams are about 4 weeks old and I thought I would see if anyone had any gender guesses. The Black Rosecomb bantam I’m guessing cockerel because his comb is turning pink and waddles are coming in. The golden laced Seabright I am guessing pullet just based on personality but honestly have no clue. The partridge Cochin bantam I have read I really won’t know until 6 weeks because that’s when the comb turns red or not. And the silver one (not sure breed yet) I am guessing pullet based on personality. Anyone else have any guesses or knowledge on these breeds as they get older?

42EDF40C-564F-4EB3-BEBB-6F8A08CC4EE8.jpeg
99688AD1-940A-45A3-90C4-90808B071B33.jpeg
FF5F40D1-B893-4E43-A7C6-8F220F2B98EA.jpeg

I think you're right about the black chick - looks like a roo. The cochin looks promising that it's a pullet, but you'll know for sure over the next week. If you go out there one morning and suddenly its bright red - roo. But right now it looks like a girl! No clue on the other two, sorry!

Your Rosecomb is definitely a cockerel. The GL Sebright is looking like a possible cockerel and so is the Cochin. The lavender looks like a pullet.

Like you mentioned, by six weeks you should be able to tell on Cochins. Every now and then you get a late bloomer cockerel though.

Post updated pics of those three in about 2 weeks. Then we'll have a much better idea.

Can anyone tell me about these Golden Lace. I do not know their age but seems like 6 to 7 weeks with most feathers new. Was told they were both pullets. Tamera is bigger and neck is mainly black on top and has some white feathers under neck and bottom of wings (pic 2) while Tia is all golden and black and smaller. She also has a nicer looking tail (pic 1) but does not want anything to do with me,lol
Tia.jpg
Tamera2.jpg

Can anyone tell me about these Golden Lace. I do not know their age but seems like 6 to 7 weeks with most feathers new. Was told they were both pullets. Tamera is bigger and neck is mainly black on top and has some white feathers under neck and bottom of wings (pic 2) while Tia is all golden and black and smaller. She also has a nicer looking tail (pic 1) but does not want anything to do with me,lol
View attachment 2653941
View attachment 2653944
I can only see the comb on the first one. Second one has its head turned. These are Sebrights. Males are hen feathered so it is difficult to tell by feathering but should be able to tell by the combs.
The one that I can see the comb on looks to be a pullet.😊

I can only see the comb on the first one. Second one has its head turned. These are Sebrights. Males are hen feathered so it is difficult to tell by feathering but should be able to tell by the combs.
The one that I can see the comb on looks to be a pullet.😊
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom