4 week old Sapphires?

HandzNceejay

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2019
Babies are about 4 weeks old and they were sold as straight run sapphire gems. As these beauties are getting older I’m questioning if they are truly sapphire. Gender would be nice as we’re not allowed roosters at this time, but we are moving to a rural area come summer time, so it’s okay if gender is still unknown until they’re older. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4A9C283F-BBA4-41AB-AD3E-3B62CACF2FF7.jpeg
    4A9C283F-BBA4-41AB-AD3E-3B62CACF2FF7.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 7F34B255-453D-4998-92C4-40067081A32B.jpeg
    7F34B255-453D-4998-92C4-40067081A32B.jpeg
    515.9 KB · Views: 298
Babies are about 4 weeks old and they were sold as straight run sapphire gems. As these beauties are getting older I’m questioning if they are truly sapphire. Gender would be nice as we’re not allowed roosters at this time, but we are moving to a rural area come summer time, so it’s okay if gender is still unknown until they’re older. Thank you.
Based on leg color, the one on the left is not a Sapphire Gem. The one on the right does have the correct leg color for a Sapphire Gem. Sapphire Gems are sexable at the hatch as you can see in the image at Hoover's Hatchery.

I think they are Sappires. At least the one on the right is. I think the one on the left is the male of that breed.
Neither one of them is a Sapphire. Sapphires are a completely different breed. The one on the right appears to be a Sapphire Gem pullet but the one on the left is definitely not a Sapphire Gem because both sexes have the same color legs and the one on the left definitely does not have the right color legs to be a Sapphire Gem. Based on how heavy its legs are, it may well be a cockerel.

Neither one of them is a Sapphire. Sapphires are a completely different breed. The one on the right appears to be a Sapphire Gem pullet but the one on the left is definitely not a Sapphire Gem because both sexes have the same color legs and the one on the left definitely does not have the right color legs to be a Sapphire Gem. Based on how heavy its legs are, it may well be a cockerel.
I was referring to Sapphire Gems. I've not even heard of another breed called just Sapphires.....

I was referring to Sapphire Gems. I've not even heard of another breed called just Sapphires.....
Sapphires have been around a lot longer than have Sapphire Gems. Sapphires are F1 hybrids created by using a Cream Legbar rooster over White Leghorn hens. They lay large to extra large light blue eggs and lay nearly as often as their White Leghorn mothers. They were first developed in England before Cream Legbars were imported into the U.S. As a real hybrid, they will not breed true. Unlike the Sapphire Gems they are not sexable at hatch by appearance.

Sapphires have been around a lot longer than have Sapphire Gems. Sapphires are F1 hybrids created by using a Cream Legbar rooster over White Leghorn hens. They lay large to extra large light blue eggs and lay nearly as often as their White Leghorn mothers. They were first developed in England before Cream Legbars were imported into the U.S. As a real hybrid, they will not breed true. Unlike the Sapphire Gems they are not sexable at hatch by appearance.
Okaaay. Thanks for the info! I had no idea this breed existed! :)

I think they are Sappires. At least the one on the right is. I think the one on the left is the male of that breed.
Here our my sapphire gems at four weeks old in the first photo, second photo 3 weeks My favorite Bible is For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16, IMG_8476.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8474.jpeg
    IMG_8474.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 70

Back
Top Bottom