Attachments

• E0292ACC-4E40-46AD-B72A-B72E468EAC35.png
    E0292ACC-4E40-46AD-B72A-B72E468EAC35.png
    570.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 74F410B8-B264-4CC7-860D-410ADB85889B.png
    74F410B8-B264-4CC7-860D-410ADB85889B.png
    358 KB · Views: 2
Another question. They have the 100ml on sale for $18 vs the
I would go with the larger amount and save money. I usually get the larger amount anyway because it is usually cheaper overall. Either way you will likely not go through it all before it expires.

This says in the description not to give to birds who produce eggs?
This has to do with the FDA. The FDA wants to stop the use of baytril (enrofloxicin) because it is similar to an antibiotic used by humans. So they are trying to prevent antibiotic resistance. The FDA doesn't allow the sale of eggs from birds that have been administered baytril. This is to deter farms from using it. Like @Miss Lydia mentioned, in 2 weeks baytril will no longer be found in eggs.

I would go with the larger amount and save money. I usually get the larger amount anyway because it is usually cheaper overall. Either way you will likely not go through it all before it expires.

This has to do with the FDA. The FDA wants to stop the use of baytril (enrofloxicin) because it is similar to an antibiotic used by humans. So they are trying to prevent antibiotic resistance. The FDA doesn't allow the sale of eggs from birds that have been administered baytril. This is to deter farms from using it. Like @Miss Lydia mentioned, in 2 weeks baytril will no longer be found in eggs.
Thank you so much! This is so helpful!

I reccomend the Baytril as well.
It is given at a dose of 0.05ml per pound of body weight, orally, twice a day for five straight days. If the duck is laying you will want to avoid eating the eggs for a few weeks to eliminate the chance of antibiotic contamination into your system.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Soaking the foot continuously, and applying ointments will eventually help loosen the necrotic tissue you are having such as a hard time getting off. Once off this will hopefully allow new healthy skin growth over the wound site.
Thank you

I reccomend the Baytril as well.
It is given at a dose of 0.05ml per pound of body weight, orally, twice a day for five straight days. If the duck is laying you will want to avoid eating the eggs for a few weeks to eliminate the chance of antibiotic contamination into your system.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Soaking the foot continuously, and applying ointments will eventually help loosen the necrotic tissue you are having such as a hard time getting off. Once off this will hopefully allow new healthy skin growth over the wound site.
Thanks. Soaking it in what? And any particular ointment? Anything to do about it with the swelling?

Back
Top Bottom