Any Home Bakers Here?

Looks delicious!!
Ahh we have the opposite problem but I am a bit further south than you east of Sarasota. The cat tries to snuggle up but she makes me too hot. Don't think I have used the furnace in years. Attached are two of the pics you asked for on the other thread. My everyday bread. devilsfood cake with milk chocolate icing............

I made some chicken and wild rice soup on Saturday. My sister gave me 4 bags of rice so I put it to good use!
1f600.png
I only used one bag and I got a large roaster full...

Ok Gorman Farm.
How did you get your bread to look like a picture?
Mine did this.

It is super Yummie and DS says there is no need for butter it is that good all by itself!
I am keeping that recipe on the cupboard.

I'm making one of Phil's famous "Whats in the freezer" soups today... Mine looks like its going to be potato, cauliflower & onion with a little carrot & kale for color. I'm gonna see if we still have time to make NFC's crackers to go with it.

Last edited:
Ok where did you catch that huge thing my phone sucks but it looks like a trout form what i can seenon my phone but not really sure.

Yes it's a nice rainbow trout (steelhead) I caught on a small river in the middle of nowhere. The river is beautiful surrounded by sandstone canyons.

LOL, I've heard that before!

I'm more of an extra-early riser, you're the middle of the nighter!

Fair enough.....;)

I'm making one of Phil's famous "Whats in the freezer" soups today... Mine looks like its going to be potato, cauliflower & onion with a little carrot & kale for color. I'm gonna see if we still have time to make NFC's crackers to go with it.

Yum save me some.....

I made some chicken and wild rice soup on Saturday. My sister gave me 4 bags of rice so I put it to good use!
1f600.png

Your soup sure looks good! I like soup anytime but with colder weather, it's always the perfect meal.

NFC's crackers were good & super easy! I mixed dried garlic, onion & basil in with the salt & pepper. To be honest, I burnt the crap outta the 1st sheet (my oven must run really hot) so I turned the second sheet down to 350* & they were perfect. They reminded me a lot of the bagel chips I used to get from the deli as a kid, which was a really delicious surprise. All 3 of my kids chowed them down (& you cant really get a better referral than that!) The next time I make these I might shred some cheddar or pepper jack (or both) into the mix along with the dried herbs just for the fun of experimenting with them. The potato soup with the cauliflower in it was good too. It gave the soup some extra flavor & texture that plain potato sometimes lacks with the bonus of secret, undetectable, good vegis.

Thanks NorthFLChick for the great recipe & Thanks LittleLakePhil for the idea of throwing random stuff in the pot.
smile.png

1f600.png
Looks yummy...goes great on a cold night.
Ok Gorman Farm.
How did you get your bread to look like a picture?
Mine did this.

It is super Yummie and DS says there is no need for butter it is that good all by itself!
I am keeping that recipe on the cupboard.
Looks good!

Back
Top Bottom