Any Home Bakers Here?

I am wondering if anyone has a good Corn Bread recipe?
started some Chili in the crock pot for tomorrow I figure if I still feel icky I will sweat it out with the chili
big_smile.png

I know northern roots are showing with kidney beans in the chili.

and truth time I usually use Jiffy corn bread mix (I add frozen corn to the mix so it looks homemade
hide.gif
) but I wanted to try a scratch recipe this time.

I grew up in the south and all thought the kidney beans in chili was a southern thing. Never heard of other beans added 'til joined this thread.

The chili looks wonderful.

We use pinto beans in our chili, sometimes black beans. DH has some strange aversion to kidney beans
idunno.gif

I also add a large potato chunked up into the mix.
It is odd the way the potato will just suck up the spicy flavors and the longer it sits the thicker it gets.

See the bean thing is weird to me cuz SIL loves to tease me on my *Northern Cooking*

Like casserole! Mom loved those so quick throw all tthe leftovers from the fridge in a pan with a can of cream of mushroom soup cover with the stale broken crackers and Wal-La!
SIL says they like meals on plates her not in bowls.

I guess it is possible he is just havin fun with me too.

I also add a large potato chunked up into the mix.
It is odd the way the potato will just suck up the spicy flavors and the longer it sits the thicker it gets.

See the bean thing is weird to me cuz SIL loves to tease me on my *Northern Cooking*

Like casserole! Mom loved those so quick throw all tthe leftovers from the fridge in a pan with a can of cream of mushroom soup cover with the stale broken crackers and Wal-La!
SIL says they like meals on plates her not in bowls.

I guess it is possible he is just havin fun with me too.

So I take it you're not originally from TX? Where are you from tjo?

I grew up in the Midwest (Iowa and Kansas) and casseroles were a dinner staple. DH grew up in the NE (Connecticut) and he rarely had casseroles up there.

Interesting finding out regional differences.

Originally from Michigan. Met DH in Tennessee and the odd thing is our parents worked at Steel Case at the same time when we were kids
roll.png

and now we have been in Texas for almost 12 years

My oldest son went to Un. Michigan in Ann Arbor. Very pretty up there but lots of snow! TX definitely has easier winters.

Back
Top Bottom