Any Home Bakers Here?

That is really too bad. We are sheltering our kids more and more and more, I do not think it is making them safer...

I see it more with my Youngest than with my Oldest. They are 12 years apart in age and the World has changed a lot in a short time. The statistics on the very low number of 20 year olds that cook now is very troubling.

I made sure that my daughters could take care of themselves...and feed themselves!

That is really too bad. We are sheltering our kids more and more and more, I do not think it is making them safer...

I see it more with my Youngest than with my Oldest. They are 12 years apart in age and the World has changed a lot in a short time. The statistics on the very low number of 20 year olds that cook now is very troubling.

I made sure that my daughters could take care of themselves...and feed themselves!

I believe it. I do not understand it, but I believe it.

We always cooked together,
I let him concoct any sandwich he wanted, as long as he ate it.
They got bizarre.

I think boy scouts helped him cook on grander scales.
They had to plan meals, budget, shop and prepare them- enough for the troop, so it was also volume cooking.
He refused to do the standard spaghetti and canned sauce. So he introduced them to real beef stroganoff, teriyaki chicken, and other low-cost high flavor meals.
Scouting was a good thing for us.

He is the only one among his friends that cooks- and most of his good friends are girls.
He also had the best dietary habits out of all of them as well. They call him lettuce man.

It is interesting to me that one of his friends at college is the chef of the better dining hall.
He has taught my son a lot, which is cool.

I've never had an authentic muffalatta,
I"m now thinking that this should be made with ronott's sourdough bread......
You would not believe the number of people that told her to leave the kitchen since it was too dangerous for her to be in there. I told them that she was very familiar with stoves and would not have a problem. She was 12 then.
Unfortunately, with many things, it isn't the reality that matters, it's just blanket rules because of insurance requirements, or concerns about getting sued. We aren't supposed to let anyone do anything because if they get hurt you'll get sued.... sigh

I know that I was about 7 when I was making scrambled eggs for everyone. I'd get up and make the breakfast while everyone else had a bit of a sleep-in. If you teach kids things, then they know what to do. It's sad that young people are missing out on learning how to do things because "they might get hurt". You can't just wrap people in bubblewrap and stick them in a cupboard. They won't ever know how to do anything if they aren't taught. It's sad that people aren't allowed to do things and learn things.

Ha ha ha found this little gem :). Here is my youngest cooking French herbed chicken at age 9
(They were huge Masterchef fans lol)
She's obviously having FUN. I can't understand why people would prevent their kids learning and doing things that they are more than capable of doing.

We always cooked together,
I let him concoct any sandwich he wanted, as long as he ate it.
They got bizarre.

I think boy scouts helped him cook on grander scales.
They had to plan meals, budget, shop and prepare them- enough for the troop, so it was also volume cooking.
He refused to do the standard spaghetti and canned sauce. So he introduced them to real beef stroganoff, teriyaki chicken, and other low-cost high flavor meals.
Scouting was a good thing for us.

He is the only one among his friends that cooks- and most of his good friends are girls.
He also had the best dietary habits out of all of them as well. They call him lettuce man.

It is interesting to me that one of his friends at college is the chef of the better dining hall.
He has taught my son a lot, which is cool.
That is great!

years ago I was making stroganoff for my Brother in law and his girlfriend. She said that He loved it. Then she saw what I was making and said that is not the way I make it. She made the hamburger helper version.

They were shocked at how good the real thing is too.

Depending on what I do on any particular day will determine what I make. If I'm out working on fences or the coops, pens or really physical work, I might just cook up a box of Mac-n-Cheese and maybe a burger, something easy and quick. It may not taste the best but... Tonight I took leftovers and made hash.

Back
Top Bottom