Any Home Bakers Here?

We always cooked together,
I let him concoct any sandwich he wanted, as long as he ate it.
They got bizarre.

I think boy scouts helped him cook on grander scales.
They had to plan meals, budget, shop and prepare them- enough for the troop, so it was also volume cooking.
He refused to do the standard spaghetti and canned sauce. So he introduced them to real beef stroganoff, teriyaki chicken,  and other low-cost high flavor meals.
Scouting was a good thing for us.

He is the only one among his friends that cooks- and most of his good friends are girls.
He also had the best dietary habits out of all of them as well. They call him lettuce man.

It is interesting to me that one of his  friends at college is the chef of the better dining hall.
He has taught my son a lot, which is cool.

That is great!

years ago I was making stroganoff for my Brother in law and his girlfriend. She said that He loved it. Then she saw what I was making and said that is not the way I make it. She made the hamburger helper version.

They were shocked at how good the real thing is too.

Hamburger helper is soo salty. DH bought a half a dozen boxes one day because they were on sale :sick. I broke down and just stole the noodles from them and threw out the spices. We still have a couple of boxes in the pantry. :/
Last night it was hot and I was tired so I made macaroni and cheese and then added some seasoned hamburger and a can of corn. Put a dollop of sour cream on top and it was a really good meal.

Just picked my first pumpkin! Looks great, some is in the oven baking cause I was going to make a pumpkin soup with it but it smells so nice I suspect it shall just get eaten as is lol

I've also boiled some up ready to make those pumpkin scones when it cools!

Quote: Hamburger helper is soo salty. DH bought a half a dozen boxes one day because they were on sale
sickbyc.gif
. I broke down and just stole the noodles from them and threw out the spices. We still have a couple of boxes in the pantry.
hmm.png

Last night it was hot and I was tired so I made macaroni and cheese and then added some seasoned hamburger and a can of corn. Put a dollop of sour cream on top and it was a really good meal.

Sounds like something I would make after a day of hard work.

Made my pumpkin scones. They were pretty sad and really dense because some dufuss used the plain flour instead of the Self raising. Arghhhhhh

Just picked my first pumpkin! Looks great, some is in the oven baking cause I was going to make a pumpkin soup with it but it smells so nice I suspect it shall just get eaten as is lol

I've also boiled some up ready to make those pumpkin scones when it cools!

What type of pumpkins do you grow?

Made my pumpkin scones. They were pretty sad and really dense because some dufuss used the plain flour instead of the Self raising. Arghhhhhh
That's so sad.....could you rescue them in a bread type pudding?

What type of pumpkins do you grow?

That's so sad.....could you rescue them in a bread type pudding?

They were Kent pumpkins. The vine grew out of the compost heap and had three pumpkins on it. First time I've ever grown them actually because I thought I didn't have room but while I did loose access to a few of my paths it was doable. I am looking forward to picking the last two though and finally getting rid of that dam vine lol

They were Kent pumpkins. The vine grew out of the compost heap and had three pumpkins on it. First time I've ever grown them actually because I thought I didn't have room but while I did loose access to a few of my paths it was doable. I am looking forward to picking the last two though and finally getting rid of that dam vine lol

Volunteer plants are such a gift, do you really need to get rid of it?

Volunteer plants are such a gift, do you really need to get rid of it?

We are in winter over here now so think it's done it's dash for the year and it's just starting to look a bit shabby so think it will probably die back itself soon. Next spring I'm definatly going to plant one or two again, but up in the back garden this time where I won't have to trip over it lol. Plus my little plastic greenhouse is buried under it somewhere and I'm going to want that soon.

Last edited:
We are in winter over here now so think it's done it's dash for the year and it's just starting to look a bit shabby so think it will probably die back itself soon. Next spring I'm definatly going to plant one or two again, but up in the back garden this time where I won't have to trip over it lol. Plus my little plastic greenhouse is buried under it somewhere and I'm going to want that soon.

Still in Winter .
ep.gif
Guess I forget since I'm in Georgia with temps in the 90's here now. Will have to pay more attention to the National Weather:)

Back
Top Bottom