Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi Alice, those sound delicious, let us know how tasty they turn out
droolin.gif

They are yummy. I didn't roll them out thin enough though. I thought they were, but next time I'll have to make sure they are super thin![/QUOTE]

Getting jealous, will have to try your recipe very soon:)

Sourdough Pancakes

I didn't see any sourdough pancake recipes so I thought I'd share mine. I hate to throw out my sourdough starter when feeding it so I have been keeping it in the fridge and taking it out once a week to feed it and when I do I have been making pancakes.

2 cups sourdough starter
2 tbs sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1½ tsp baking soda
1 tbs water ( if you need it)
flour if you need to thicken it any, depending on how loose your starter is.

In a bowl, mix sugar, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl beat eggs and add the sourdough and mix, then add the dry ingredients. Mix everything together.
Spoon batter into a pan you make your pancakes in and when bubbles appear on the top flip the pancakes over. I use a ladle to put the pancake batter into a pan. This is a good way to use sourdough starter instead of throwing it out. I make several pancakes and any that are left over and not eaten, I put them in a zip-lock and freeze them for future use.

Last edited:
Sourdough Pancakes

I didn't see any sourdough pancake recipes so I thought I'd share mine. I hate to throw out my sourdough starter when feeding it so I have been keeping it in the fridge and taking it out once a week to feed it and when I do I have been making pancakes.

2 cups sourdough starter
2 tbs sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1½  tsp baking soda
1 tbs water ( if you need it)
flour if you need to thicken it any, depending on how loose your starter is.

In a bowl, mix sugar, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl beat eggs and add the sourdough and mix, then add the dry ingredients. Mix everything together.
Spoon batter into a pan you make your pancakes in and when bubbles appear on the top flip the pancakes over. I use a ladle to put the pancake batter into a pan. This is a good way to use sourdough starter instead of throwing it out. I make several pancakes and any that are left over and not eaten, I put them in a zip-lock and freeze them for future use.

Yum! I need to order a new start. Mine never really got very good and I finally just threw it out. Everyone said to go to friends of Carl to order it, so I'm going to need to do that soon and make these!

Last edited:

Not really baking, but this is what I did for my sons first day of first grade breakfast! Bacon eyebrows, mini waffle eyes with blueberries to make the eyeball, strawberry nose and banana mouth.

I saw the mini waffles at the store and though of this. I NEVER buy waffles, but I thought he would like this and it would be good to make him an exciting breakfast so help him be ready to eat and get to school!

I think he liked it!

Yum! I need to order a new start. Mine never really got very good and I finally just threw it out. Everyone said to go to friends of Carl to order it, so I'm going to need to do that soon and make these!
Send me a pm with your shipping address and I will mail you a start. I have some ready to go out at home.

It is free of charge!

Here is one from the Oregon Sourdough PDF--It is an over night recipe and has Waffle instructions and a way to turn extra batter into biscuits!

Quote:

Last edited:
Is there a post in here on how to care and store your starter? I am interested in @ronott1's starter but I am worried that I may mess up again. I have been given starter twice from a friend and it never really takes off.....

Is there a post in here on how to care and store your starter? I am interested in @ronott1 's starter but I am worried that I may mess up again. I have been given starter twice from a friend and it never really takes off.....
I have posted the pdf from the Oregon Sourdough folks. I do not think it is in the index though. I will post it again:

Other instructions:

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom